Amazon Fire TV, Kodi And VPN
I just sent the following to Amazon:

Quote:I am so upset about Amazon's decision to remove the Kodi app from your app store that I am going to cancel my Prime membership.

(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TWM8IBA)

This app is NOT FOR PIRACY dammit. It is used by most of us to stream our own content that we ripped from the DVDs and BluRays THAT WE PURCHASED (much of it purchased from Amazon) to our Kodi devices.

I pay for Amazon Prime, I pay for Netflix, and I've paid for Hulu in the past. I PAY FOR MY CONTENT.

I have TWO Fire TVs that I use this app on. I don't care if I can "side load" the app. It is legal, and it should be available in the app store.

This is an act of corporate cowardice and it stinks. I sent feedback in May asking you to mark the Kodi app as "officially compatible" with the Fire TV, and instead you removed it.

The US Supreme Court established in Sony vs. Universal that things with "significant non-infringing use" are perfectly legal.

This is one of those cases. At some point, the God Forsaken MPAA will have to decide if it wants to stop punishing the people that actually pay for their content by adding crappy DRM to it while the pirates have unencumbered access, or if they want to perish.

Please consider reversing this decision.
Well done!
(2015-06-20, 14:12)apc01 Wrote: I have heard there may be issues running a VPN on the Amazon Fire TV box.

I specifically need to run a VPN with Kodi.

What is the actual situation with this?

Thanks.

Why not try Shadowsocks, it's a very good proxy. I rent a Japanese VPS and installed the Shadowsocks server on it and I'm using the Shadowsocks client on my Android Box, Android Phone, PC and Mac, it's very fast, stable and cheap, it's about $10/mo.
(2015-06-21, 05:11)wrxtasy Wrote: Fair enough.
Not to alarm any Amazon Fire TV owners out there, but we have already seen what Amazon can do to legal Open Source Coded apps like Kodi, by removing them from their App store.

http://www.aftvnews.com/amazon-appstore-...oves-kodi/

With their closed Firmware you really are at the mercy of Amazon with what they can do next. It is entirely possible that with the release of their new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware they could prevent Kodi being even sideloaded on to the AFTV.

The question is do you trust Amazon anymore ?

The other point to consider is that I believe there will be no support whatsoever for any Amazon Hardware from the Kodi devs from this point onwards. The Kodi team may not publicly state this, but you can already see it happening by the requested withdrawal of SPMC (Kodi modified Android App) from the Amazon App Store by the developer Koying.
Koying is one of the main Kodi Android developers, who has now turned his considerable skills to supporting the NVIDIA Shield.

I suggest you would get better Kodi video results (24p + Refresh Rate Switching) by buying a RPi2 or MINIX Neo X6 and supplementing that with an Amazon Fire TV stick if you need Netflix HD. The Neo X6 will also give you 1080p HEVC(H265) decoding.

thank you for your guidance i need more information related amazon fire TV, Please provide me your contact email id, titter handle, or skype so i can contact you. Smile
Interesting (and quite aggressive) move that Amazon appear to be removing the Apple TV and Chromecast from all Amazon stores as they don't have Amazon Video support...
True & thanks for the heads up!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV, Kodi And VPN0