AEON NOX Trailers Not Working - Couldn't locate video Url
Hi,

Just recently, I've noticed that movie trailers (streamed) are not working for 99% of my movies, whereas previously, I never had a problem.

I am still using Gotham v13.2 and AEON NOX 4.1.9 Gotham skin. Neither of these have changed in any way since the trailers stopped working.

I've only found one or two in my movies collection that do still play successfully, but the rest of them all display a small notification/popup saying 'Couldn't locate video Url'.

I use the Universal Movie Scraper (but also tried the default MovieDb scraper today with the same failed results). If I look in my MySql DB in the Movie table, I can see that there are values in one field (which I believe to be the trailer url field) like :

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=JsPW6Fj3BUI

Any ideas?

BTW - I've purposely not updated to the later versions of XBMC/Kodi, because there's not yet a skin for the newer versions, that I like as much as the Aeon Nox skin (with decent Movie Wall view) I've been using for so long now.
Hi,

I am having the same issue. Did you find any solution yet?

All the best.
(2015-08-16, 20:02)juggy Wrote: Hi,

I am having the same issue. Did you find any solution yet?

All the best.

Hi - Yes I did eventually! It turned out the version of the YouTube addon that was being downloaded within XBMC was too old. I found a much newer version on GitHub, installed that (from Zip file, within XBMC) and its all working perfectly again.

If you have trouble finding a more recent version of the YouTube addon on github (I found it just by searching google for xbmc youtube player, or something like that), let me know and I'll see if I can find the exact url I used.
Thanks, I found a zip from the superrepo https://superrepo.org/kodi/addon/plugin.video.youtube/
Uninstalled the old one and installed from zip the new one. Trailers are working again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON NOX Trailers Not Working - Couldn't locate video Url0