Bug Submenus in Homescreen
Quote: Edit: But if you can make the submenu to disappear automatically when the mouse's cursor is out of the area of the submenu which opened.
Currently it disappeared only when pressing with the mouse out of the submenu

Additional information regarding to 3.3.30

In "non-touch" mode:
the submenu is disappeared only when the mouse's cursor is moving back to the menu or with right click.
Any click in open areas on background isn't make it disappeared.
See my request in my previous post, make it disappeared automatically when the mouse's cursor is out of the area of the submenu

In "touch" mode:
Same as "non-touch" but here clicking on open areas actually close the submenu.
But the bug is the tiles on the right isn't going back.

** By the way, regarding to "touch" mode, please make the right-click make the windows go back like "Backspace".
It's working only with "non-touch" mode.

Marcel,
What about this issue?

Do you understand what I mean?
OK, I finally had the time to look into it. I just fixed it so will be available in next skin update (within a few days).

As for the right click to go back. That's working fine with me. Sure your system settings are correct ?
Thanks.
Now it working good.

Few comments:

1) I just notice for one not critical distinction between the "touch mode" and "non-touch mode"
With non-touch mode no matter where the mouse cursor is, while the mouse cursor is out of the submenu area the submenu disappeared.
While with touch mode the submenu disappeared only when you go back to the main tiles or to the right to the widget tiles (on vertical layout for example)

2) Regarding the right click:
a. Simple example for you. Go into your Movies library from your homescreen.
When you are on "non-touch" mode, try doing right-click on empty area, that actually will go back to home-screen.
Now change it to "touch" mode and do the same. Now the right-click is not going back to homescreen.

b. A few weeks ago I wrote a request here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2047100
(2015-07-07, 20:10)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 22:34)burekas Wrote: Please change when you on sideblade menu (such as "Options"), when going back "Backspace" or right click,
it will just close the sideblade menu and not going back in the screen to previous window.
Done, fixed in next beta
It works only for "Context" menu, but with "options" sideblade it doesn't works, instead of closing it, it actually going back to previous window (even with "backspace" on keyboard. So the only way to close it is by the "X" button at the bottom.
Make sure that you focus the opened menu and then press right click. If you focus the library and then right click it will close that.
regarding the differences between touch mode and normal mode: that is because touch mode is optimized for TOUCH devices. That means not mouse devices. There will always be a few flaws with operating Kodi with a mouse, it's designed for use with a keyboard, remote or touchdevice.
1) a. I know all this thing, but if you can add to the "touch mode" right-click support to go back like on the "non-touch" mode it will be nice.

2) b.
On non-touch mode:
Even when I focus the "option" sideblade menu it still go back to previous window,
this menu is closed only by "left" key on keyboard or with the "X" button at the buttom or by right-click on the left margin of the option sideblade menu.

On touch mode:
When doing left-click every place on the screen, the option menu is close.

Can you do it just like the context menu, when doing right-click the option menu will be closed?

3) Bug On "Slim list" mode, the option button is not shown on the left side of the screen.

(Tested on 3.5.2)

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Submenus in Homescreen0