WIFI access point - customize broadcast channel
Hi there,

I'm using OpenElec 5.0.3/Kodi 14.1 (booting via berryboot) in a mobile setup, using the Raspberry as a WIFI access point and Kodi Remote on my iPhone.

The Raspberry broadcasts on channel 1, and here comes the problem: many devices of my neighbours use channel 1 and i have problems to set up a stable connection.

Is there a way to customize the WIFI broadcast channel number within OpenElec/Kodi?

Thanks in advance.
you might be better of asking this over at the OpenElec forum, as WIFI connection handling is part of the OS layer and not of Kodi
I see - will give it a try, da-anda.

Just thought it could be configured within Kodi, or some XML-file, because you are able to modify the SSID and passphrase in Kodi (System->Openelec->Network).

Thank you.
(2015-06-22, 23:12)rainandbows Wrote: I see - will give it a try, da-anda.

Just thought it could be configured within Kodi, or some XML-file, because you are able to modify the SSID and passphrase in Kodi (System->Openelec->Network).
Maybe, but System ->OpenElec -> Network is still OE exclusive (an add-on changes OE's system settings). I didn't want to say that nobody here might know an answer, but chances to get an answer for this question are better over at the OE forum.
Got an answer from chewitt (openelec-forum):

No. The AP features in connman are designed for a "wireless hotspot" on a mobile device so apart from SSID/password nothing else is configurable. If you want proper AP features you need to buy a proper wireless router.

Too bad, oida ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIFI access point - customize broadcast channel0