Suggestions for replacing acer revo 70 nettop
(2015-06-30, 17:01)Mike_Doc Wrote: @noggin,

I went for the hp 260 g1 in the end and I'm currently trying to set it up. I went for this http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewHD-Audio-Ext...B00KBHX072 for the SPIDF solution but I'm having a problem with it. I've set it up and set it to 5.1 and the sound is going via the SPIDF but it's still going via HDMI as well to the TV, would you have any ideas at all? I want the sound to go to AMP only via SPIDF.

Mike

Windows or Linux (OpenElec?)?
(2015-06-30, 17:01)Mike_Doc Wrote: @noggin,

I went for the hp 260 g1 in the end and I'm currently trying to set it up. I went for this http://www.amazon.co.uk/ViewHD-Audio-Ext...B00KBHX072 for the SPIDF solution but I'm having a problem with it. I've set it up and set it to 5.1 and the sound is going via the SPIDF but it's still going via HDMI as well to the TV, would you have any ideas at all? I want the sound to go to AMP only via SPIDF.

Mike

Have you enabled the 'expert' settings option? This gives you more control over all areas. If you move down to the bottom (left hand side) of any settings page you can alter this mode.

I think when this is enabled, within the audio output page, you can select both the audio output device and the passthrough device separately.

Maybe this will help?
@noggin windows 8.1 install it came with.

@decpvr, Yeah expert mode all set up and haven't looked into Kodi settings as it does the same from VLC player. in playback devices it only lists the TV, found via HDMI connection, or internal speakers. on old revo with direct toslink there was that option but as the toslink is only accessible from the hdview box I guess win 8.1 can't see that in the chain but I would have thought setting the box to 5.1 would transfer audio to toslink and not still passthrough to the TV.

Any ideas would be helpful,

Thanks

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
I might have got the wrong end of the stick completely, but it sounds as though your pc is outputting just by HDMI, and the amazon box is extracting audio from that and sending it to your receiver?
In which case it's nothing to do with the pc - you either need to find a way to stop audio passing through the amazon box to your tv, or mute your tv.
Have I misunderstood?
I imagine the only option is to mute your TV (as suggested by troggy) or return the unit and get a USB sound card with SPDIF.

Amazon are usually very good for returns and a USB SPDIF adapter may be cheaper?
Yeah, your right troggy, it's outputting just by hdmi or actually dp adapter to hdmi to hdview box to hdmi to tv and toslink to amp. Looks like I have to mute which I've done so far, no biggie just wondered if I'd missed something in setup.

@decpvr, do you mean something like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/HDE-Channel-Surr...card+spidf

Mike
That sort of thing would work if you only want 5.1.
Just check whatever you buy (if you do) comes with drivers for Windows 8.
(2015-07-01, 14:41)Mike_Doc Wrote: @decpvr, do you mean something like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/HDE-Channel-Surr...card+spidf

Mike

Yes, that's the kind of thing I was thinking of.

You may want to check it actually works with Kodi before committing yourself though.

I don't know if there's a way to check, or if there's any lists of supported USB sound cards?

IIRC someone mentioned earlier that some work better than others?

EDIT: troggy beat me to it!
Thanks gents,

@troggy, do you have links to any better suggestions? if I wanted more then 5.1? os is that a toslink limitation?

I'll look into it, haven't finished setup or decided to go with it as new HTPC, guess things like this are just hurdles to overcome,

Mike.
I don't, sorry. I'm limited to 5.1 by my amp (and my wallet). Until recently I used a (very) old usb creative soundblaster to give 5.1 with windows 7, and that worked flawlessly.
Edit: quick google says toslink only does 5.1.
thanks, probably same here to be honest as my amp is 13 years old! Will look into the usb soundcard solution then.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestions for replacing acer revo 70 nettop0