Wetek or Chromebox for not a techy?
I have bought the g-box q and now trying the MX3 and both I find not reliable and buffering issues and updated my internet to 30mbps, but someone told me I need linux instead of android but I found out the MX3 I can't download linux. I want something more reliable. I want to watch live tv and movies in my living room. I'm not technical but after reading the forum it looks like Chromebox or Wetek might be my best bet. I'm in Canada so wondering how Wetek will work and Chromebox seems like I need to be technical to change to linux. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Not really allowed to discuss some of what you are asking - but AIUI the Chromebox has quite a lot more CPU power than the Wetek, and is very well supported here. The Wetek also has OpenElec support though. Personally I'd go for the Chromebox (or a similar device like the Zotac BI320 or HP 260 G1)

The Chromebox and the Wetek will both require you to flash an SD Card or USB Stick, and the Chromebox will also need you to take the box to bits. But this is very straightforward and well documented task. If you can handle a screwdriver you'll probably be OK (and a few guitar plectrums/plectra help)
Thanks noggin!
A different device won't change the buffering issues since that's most often a server-side issue, for the add-ons you're talking about.
Thx Ned

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wetek or Chromebox for not a techy?0