[SOLVED] setting audio language on Live TV channels
Hi guys, I have some TV channels where the channel itself doesn't provide audio language info, but the second stream is the original audio.

like this:

Unknown - AC3 Stereo (1/2)
Unknown - AC3 Stereo (2/2)

and because it is not specified KODI always uses the first one.

Now: how can I force certain channels into using the second stream instead of the first?

what XML do I need to edit?

thanks a bunch guys!
the database should store this information. if you select track 2 it should be selected automatically next time you open this channel. nothing addon specific. does this not work?
yes, but not permanently.

Whenever I edit channels.conf, which happens often, it always defaults back to the first stream.

Is there no way to make it permanent for certain channels?
it is stored in kodi's db. editing channels.conf should have no influence as long as you don't change the channes's uid. what exactly do you change in channels.conf?
my apologies. You are absolutely right. Editing channels.conf doesn't influence it.

I must have mixed it up with the KODI upgrade process I did just a few days back. Because then it definitely defaults back to the first audio stream.

Would you know which file(s) I need to backup for my issue? Would be great if I don't have to do it every time I update KODI.

thank you!

edit: ok, got it. I simply backed up the entire userdata folder and I have one issue less Smile

thank you for pointing me to the right direction!
It is stored in a database "MyTVxx.db" which gets upgraded automatically if required.
There may be issues with this because those settings are stored for file names not unique channel id. If you use channels numbering from backend and add channels this may break your settings.

Please are this in the general PVR section of the forum. This is not related to particular addons and I may be wrong Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] setting audio language on Live TV channels0