Newbie unable to get wifi to work..
Hi.

I'm still stuck with getting my WiFi connection to work. I have recently bought a Pi 2 running openElec (v5.0.8), and a TP-Link AC1200 dongle. Details on how far I have got so far...

- If I wire the unit up via Ethernet, the connection works - I can watch content on,

- I previously had a problem with an Ssid having underscores but have removed them. I have added the ssid to the System > openElec > Network screen, enabled 'wireless', and disabled 'wired'

- When I do this, I don't have any entries in the Connections menu. I do have a 'Wired' connection when I connect via Ethernet

- In System > System info > Network, it states 'Link: Connected'. I did notice when I killed the router though, this remained 'connected'. Seems like I have misinterpreted what this screen means then?

- In System > Settings > System > Internet Access, everything is blank, as I'm just using my home bubble Virgin Media broadband

- I'm sure repositories that I have added previously have disappeared. Not sure if this has happened as a result of switching between wired and wireless?

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong. I'm a newbie, so even add-ons, repositories, and zip files, and the way they interact, is still very new to me.

Why can't this box be as simple as any other WiFi box? Simply scan for available networks, select from the list, and enter passphrase??

Thanks..
I removed your example, per our forum rules (wiki).
I have set up several wifi boxes without issue. It is as simple as selecting wireless network and the wifi dongle I use is a 150Mbps Mini Wireless N adapter. these work fine and it displays a list of nearby wifi access points. you just select yours and add password job done. I would suspect your adapter if you are not getting the list of wifi networks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie unable to get wifi to work..0