v14 WD MyCloud Ex 2 - Setup?
Question 
Dear Forum-Users,

I am new here because of the following topic, or problem.

I was using XBMC and Koid on a Macbook Air and Windows 8.1 Pro Laptop.
Now I got a NAS-System:

Western Digital MyCloud EX2

I am fine using the client on a single PC, but now with the NAS-System and reading through the Wikis for NAS a come to my limits (the guides are nice, but all referencing to a Synology NAS) and want to ask the guys here to help me with a Step-by-Step explenation what to do to archive the following:

WD My Clound EX2:
Having all the media on it (movies in Folder "movies", TV-Series in Folder "Serien", Music in the Folder "Musik", etc.)

Clients which should use the media from the NAS (all running Kodi):
Macbook Air, Windows 8.1 Pro Laptop, Amazon FireTV and Amazon FireTVstick

How to set up the NAS to access the media from all clients?

And the more challaging where I realy need help from you:
How to set all Clients and the NAS up the way, that als media data is stored on the NAS (like posters, plot, actors, etc.) and how to configure all the clients to the this information stored then on the NAS?
And 2nd, how to set up the NAS and Clients that they all share the same information about watched movies, where a movie was stoped to resume it on another client etc.?

Thank to all, I know it is not easy to exlpain but I hope someone can give me a detailed describtion especially for my NAS-system because I didn't get it working with the wiki written for Synology NAS.
You can find most of your answers in the wikis... Most NAS already have SMB set, or you can add NFS, both are an option.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Unfortunately, WD removed the NFS protocol from the EX series NASs with recent FW updates, so you want be able to use it.

You can still use SMB, FTP or DLNA/UPnP and all you have to do is make sure you've setup your shares in the MyCloud web UI so they can be accessed. All that's covered in the user manual: http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM...705119.pdf
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WD MyCloud Ex 2 - Setup?0