Not seen on network
My RPi2 running openelec - all was well with both internet access and visibility on network - but I just replaced my router so have new router password now, and a new wireless password, though I changed the workgroup name back to my usual. Thing is, although the rasp still gets the internet, I cant see it on the network any more. I guess not really an openelec/kodi issue - though is there anywhere in openelec that I can change any settings? Or should I log into the router and try and change all of its settings to match the old router? I'm concerned I'll lose the internet completely if I do that!

thanks - I'm just wanting to transfer files as usual Smile
This is where you need to be looking in OpenElec:

Kodi > Programs > OpenElec settings

http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/OpenEL...ab=Network

thank you - I couldn't find anything there that would help. It's funny how it found the internet connection right off with no messing about, yet the openelec cannot be seen from my laptop.
I have this sometimes on my router (a Netgear D6200) where both my NAS box and my Pi don't initially appear from my or my wife's Windows 7 laptops (although both laptops appear to each other). Both the laptops are on wifi and the Pi/NAS are on cables, so they should have at least as fast a connection as the laptops.

That said if I type \\RASPBERRYPI (as my pi is named, I think the default for OpenElec would be \\OPENELEC) then after a bit of a wait it does appear in the network list and can be accessed normally (it can also be accessed by typing in its IP address \\192.168.0.202 in my case).

In my case I think it's just network traffic and how the router interacts with Linux-based boxes. Rather annoying but can easily be worked around, and sometimes both do appear off the bat in the network list in Windows Explorer.

Can you access your Pi either by its network name or IP address in a similar fashion?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not seen on network0