Trailer URL - To be or not to be , that is the question?
Hi gang,

An unknown number of versions back, when I scrapped the trailer, the value entered into the nfo/shown in ember was the actual file eg: Ghostbusters-trailer.mp4

For quite some time now the value has been: pluggin://pluggin.video.youtube................ or http://www.youtube.com...........(depending on which settings I change)

And for quite some time I've been going through my collection, and manually editing this back to just the file name as above.

So my questions are:

Am I missing a setting that will place the file name instead of the url in that field?

Which takes precedence in to be played first, file or url?

Cheers all
Confusion is just a state of mind.
Ok, first to understand:

Scrapers - Data -> Scraper-Fields-Global -> Trailer
This option does enable or disable trailer link scraping for NFO. This has nothing to do with trailer downloading!
You can set one or more Data-Scrapers to get a trailer URL.
You also can change the links in Edit-Movie -> Details dialog/tab. If you use the green + button in Details tab, you can change the NFO link/URL, e.g. you can set it to a local available file.

Scrapers-Trailers -> Enable Trailer Support
This option does enable or disable trailer downloading. This has nothing to do with trailer links for NFO!
You can set one or more Trailer-Scrapers to download trailer files.
You also can change or downloading a new trailer in Edit-Movie -> Trailer dialog/tab.

So, if you want use lokal downloaded trailers in XBMC/Kodi, you don't need a link or URL in NFO and you can disable the Scrapers-Data -> Scraper-Fields-Global -> Trailer checkbox. You need only a <filename>-trailer.ext file in your movie directory.

If you want use YouTube links in NFO, you have to enable the "XBMC compatible format" in Scrapers-Data settings.
As always thanks you for the clarification Dan.

I always thought I had to have the option ticked in Scrapers - Data -> Scraper-Fields-Global -> Trailer. Made the changes, so now the trailer is not listed. Have also used notepad++ to remove trailer details from my nfo files.

Cheers again Smile
Confusion is just a state of mind.
(2015-06-23, 13:52)FlashPan Wrote: As always thanks you for the clarification Dan.

I always thought I had to have the option ticked in Scrapers - Data -> Scraper-Fields-Global -> Trailer. Made the changes, so now the trailer is not listed. Have also used notepad++ to remove trailer details from my nfo files.

Cheers again Smile

This is a little trick to cleanup a single field:
- disable Scrapers - Data -> Scraper-Fields-Global -> Trailer
- enable Scrapers - Data -> Cleanup disabled fields
- Scrape Movie -> Custom Scraper with Modifier -> NFO (only) and Options -> Trailer (only)

This way starts the movie scraper with NFO trailer field only, no scraper returns a trailer field result (it's disabled in glabal settings) and Ember cleanup the disabled trailer field at the end of each movie scraping. ;-) With "Custom Scraper -> NFO -> Trailer", Ember edit only this field and leave the rest as is.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailer URL - To be or not to be , that is the question?0