files being moved after recent update
I think after reading this forum I understand what TinyMediaManager is doing but it never moved my files before.
I keep my large collection of movies on a 2 terabyte internal hard drive in folders by first letter of the alphabet.
So F:/Movies/A/Aladdin (1992)/Aladdin (1992).mkv
I have used TinyMediaManager for several months adding a lot of dvds, over 1300 so far. I collect horror dvd collections Smile You can get complete sets at Walmart cheap. I got 9 puppet master movies for $5 lol.
Anyways it has never moved my files. I set up the folders when I rip. Now after the update it has been moving the files up a folder.
So F:/Movies/A/Aladdin (1992)/Aladdin (1992).mkv becomes F:/Movies/Aladdin (1992)/Aladdin (1992).mkv and I have to move them back into the A folder.
Looking in this forum I found another person saying I have to add each letter folder (so A, B, C etc) to the data sources. I have never had to before. I have only ever added F:/Movies and all was good.
It is not a problem really I don't mind moving them back but I don't understand what changed.
please have a look at the renamer settings.
there is a field for folder name and one for file name

when the folder name pattern is empty, the movie folders won't get moved (like you want it to). If you want to rename it to your naming scheme, play a bit with the renamer settings and look at the lower part of the same screen, there is a preview how the actual setting would perform

hth
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
It's not really a problem. I have the folder names and file names set up to how I like it. Its just odd. But I did discover a new odd problem. I think the TinyMediaManager doesn't like when I move folders lol. For example I was keeping them alphabetically but any movie with "The" kept going into the "T" folder. I manually move them to say "G" for "The Goonies". I run TinyMediaManager a few days later when adding new movies and it creates a new "The Goonies" folder back in the "T" folder but it only has the .nfo file. It's not moving files back to the folder only creating the old folder and .nfo file.... I'm sure it is keeping a database from the last time I ran it and just doesn't like the changes. Is there a way to stop it?

I tried to solve both issues by creating a temp folder, set that as the only source TinyMediaManager uses, and then moved them to the folders I wanted them in. But the next time I opened TinyMediaManager the last movies it processed came right back, folder and .nfo file only.

Please don't take any of my posts as complaints. I cannot stress enough how much I love this program! As I said I have over 1300 movies and 68 complete tv shows! I use Kodi on my PC connected to a 55" 4K Samsung TV and use advanced launcher to run my PC games. I use Xpadder to map button combinations to Alt F4 to exit games back to Kodi. All running with an Xbox 360 controller! Everything looks perfect thanks to Tiny gathering all the information and images. I especially love the clear art and disc art. After processing my movies and TV shows importing them into Kodi is very fast with perfect metadata!

My next project with Kodi is transferring the library and sql database to a central server so I can setup separate accounts for the wife and kids plus it allows me to start a movie in one room and pick up right where I left off in another!
I just need to save up money for the hardware.
God I love technology!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
files being moved after recent update0