Linux Sound drops on kodi 15 beta 2
Same problem here on my eclipse box. Also when the sound does play it's slowed down when it's attempting to play sys. If I change to stereo it's fine. Worked fine on frodo
I've downgraded to v14.2 to see if problem us there and it us but not as bad. If I set up the audio output settings as
Number of channels - 2.0
Enable pass through on
Ac3 capable receiver on
Enable dolby transcoding on
Dts capable receiver on
I get dolby sound but it's slowed slightly as in v15, but it isn't choppy.

However I'm using a bose lifestyle system which us 5.1 so when I change number of channels to 5.1 I lose the dolby sound and I just get stereo
Tried the SPMC Isengard version and have not yet seen the issue we see on Kodi official. Will run some more tests the following days.
SPMC Isengard playback feels more choppy in regards to the picture. The audio drops were still noticable every once in a while. Going back to SPMC Helix because it is the best at the moment, even though it has some slight audio drops picture playback is perfect in this release.

Any info on Kodi official and the audio drops Ned?
* Ned Scott shrugs
No update on this?
(2015-08-05, 14:35)Expendable Wrote: So comparing aml_permissions() for Isengard and aml_permissions() for SPMC we see that they are identical. Since HW acceleration on SPMC works on my non-rooted MX2 but Isengard does not, it leads me to believe that the issue is not with permissions, at least not for the files that aml_permissions() references.

Since the logs posted so far don't show which coded check failed as I would expect when aml_permissions() hit the first file that did not have RW permissions, it would appear that the call to aml_present() at the beginning of aml_permissions() returned false. If so, I'm thinking about the question that Koying asked earlier in this thread:

Do you have "/sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw"?

I wonder if the condition:
Code:
if (SysfsUtils::Has("/sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw"))

Is somehow failing in Isengard but not in SPMC

I will post the logs for both tonight.

Thanks

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=232829&page=5

Hi Ned, is it possible that these are related?
That's something well beyond my area of knowledge. However, I would speculate that it is unrelated.
Kodi 15.1 RC has the same issue. As do the latest 16.0 nightlies
Is this acknowledged as an issue by the devs?
Tested some more versions and tested MX player.

MX player does not play all files I throw at it, but the ones it plays, play without audio drops and crystal clear DTS audio.

All tested kodi/xmbc versions have the drop issue and SPMC 14.2.0 is still the least dropping build so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound drops on kodi 15 beta 20