HDMI pass through question
(2015-06-25, 13:41)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-06-25, 03:33)putashirton Wrote: when you say set the number of channels to 2.0. is that On the extractor device or on kodi?

Kodi. You must *always* set number of channels to 2.0 when using toslink/optical.
It only supports two channels (but passthrough dts/ac3 can be carried through two channels).

We suspect the switch on the device is irrelevant when using kodi (but it's easy to try it both ways).

I see now.
I also see now why i was so confused. The questions were stemming because of the the panlong devices had no 2.0 setting. (they have one device that has an auto setting, and the other is selectable by a switch)
Hi Popcornmix,

I have set the output channels to 2.0, but the receiver still get's a stereo downmix in PCM, wether I switch on the transcoding or not, so it doesn't change anything for me, sadly. Sad
That's with an AAC-soundtrack.

AC3 and DTS work perfectly.

Cheers,

M
(2015-06-28, 11:16)mistermaggi Wrote: I have set the output channels to 2.0, but the receiver still get's a stereo downmix in PCM, wether I switch on the transcoding or not, so it doesn't change anything for me, sadly. Sad
That's with an AAC-soundtrack.

AC3 and DTS work perfectly.

If AC3 works (as multichannel passthrough), then the converter is fine and it's just Kodi settings.
Is the AAC file mulitchannel? (If stereo it won't be transcoded).
Yes, AAC is 5.1.

Settings are as follows:

Audio Output Device - HDMI
Number of Channels - 2.0
Output Configuration - Optimized
Stereo Upmix - Unchecked
Maintain Original Volume on Downmix - checked
Boost Centre Channel when downmixing - 0dB
Resample Quality - GPU accelerated
Keep Audio Device alive - always
Play GUI-sounds - only when playback stopped
enable passthrough - checked
GREYED OUT: passthrough output device - hdmi
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver - checked
- enable dolby digital transcoding - checked
dolby digital plus (E-AC3) capable receiver - unchecked
DTS capable receiver - checked

When playing AC3-2.0 receiver shows Dolby Digital 2/0, when playing AC3-5.1, receiver shows Dolby Digital 3/2'1, when playing DTS-5.1 it shows DTS 3/2'1 and when playing AAC-5.1 it shows PCM OPT Stereo.
I do hear the center channel though, so it's not just L/R that's playing, it's a "correct" mixdown, but not a transcode.

Thanks for any help,

M
BUMP.

Is there noone here having an idea what's going on with this?

Thx,

M
Can you disable omxplayer in video/acceleration settings.
omxplayer doesn't support transcoding, and in the Isengard release will be disabled when transcoding is enabled, but with helix you need to disable omxplayer manually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI pass through question0