Win Managing HTPC files remotely
I wanted to manage the files in my HTPC remotely via laptop, because it's a bit annoying to use the wireless keyboard while staring at minuscule characters in the TV, all the while sitting on a mat on the floor. I was looking into a VPN via Hamachi, but if anyone has a better idea, it would be much appreciated.
Why don't you just share those folders on the network and then manage them from any other computer on the network?
Remotely... hmmm usually it means as in WAN.
Can you be more specific if it is LAN or WAN please
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
(2015-06-23, 04:33)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Why don't you just share those folders on the network and then manage them from any other computer on the network?

Well... I want to share whole HDDs... Apart from the OS partition, that is. That could be an alternative.

(2015-06-23, 05:53)shabuboy Wrote: Remotely... hmmm usually it means as in WAN.
Can you be more specific if it is LAN or WAN please

LAN.
(2015-06-24, 01:55)ldavet Wrote: Well... I want to share whole HDDs... Apart from the OS partition, that is. That could be an alternative.

You can share entire hard drives. o.o
(2015-06-24, 02:30)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 01:55)ldavet Wrote: Well... I want to share whole HDDs... Apart from the OS partition, that is. That could be an alternative.

You can share entire hard drives. o.o

You're making me feel like I asked a dumb question, lol Big Grin And it indeed was dumb, considering the solution was so simple.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Managing HTPC files remotely0