PVR without Internet Connection
Hello There,

I'm currently setting up a htpc using Kodi. So far things seem to be going well, but I'm having issues setting up the pvr-backend. I'm using Xubuntu 14.04, Kodi stable, and tvheadend. So far I can configure Kodi to talk to tvheadend using the default ip address, but not with localhost. The PC I'm using will not have access to a network or Internet connection, so I need to host the backend and frontend on the same machine.

Any suggestions for getting this setup would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bez

P.S. All I want to use the htpc for is watching dvds, watching and recording live tv and listening to music,
Have you tried 127.0.0.1?
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD
(2015-06-23, 13:50)rlg6767 Wrote: Have you tried 127.0.0.1?
I had and I was getting a connection issue when offline. Strangely enough after resetting to defaults and re-entering my username and password it now seems to be working! Thanks.

Do you happen to know how to stop Kodi from trying to access on-line databases every time it starts? It pops up a message saying could not connect to database and asks me whether I wish to continue scanning. As I thought I only had local sources added this shouldn't be happening should it?
Have you tried editing the source and changing the metadata source to be local only?
Kodi 16.1 on main HTPC Win 7 64-bit, 8 GB RAM, Quad Core 2.4 Ghz
3 x Pi2 running Kodi 16.1 (OSMC)
TVHeadend PVR server providing Freeview HD and Freesat HD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR without Internet Connection0