UK TV Sat adapters SHIELD TV
@tredman a gss.box 400 is a) cheaper than a Wetek and b) has more tuners than a Wetek. If you're not going to use the device as your actual media center it makes little sense to buy one.

@RTR1879 while that probably works it's the same dilemma as with buying a Wetek, i.e. buying a device that is meant to be connected to a TV and then not keeping it connected.
@negge I take your point on that. When you need to do a channel scan to pick up frequency changes there would be no way to do that from within Kodi. Back to the drawing board.....
(2015-06-25, 15:46)SavellM Wrote: I could get a Pi2, not a problem.

But I would really like something that is all built in.
But then again I see what you are saying about NVIDIA needing to include the API in the kernals.
Is this not something that we can install over and above?
Nope, it has to be added by Nvidia. Kodi team could probabaly convince Nvidia to add it to their kernel/firmware if they have enough interest.

(2015-06-25, 15:46)SavellM Wrote: Are there any other DVB-S Usb options I could use?
Not possible to direct connect a USB TV-tuner adapter directly to the SHIELD TV today anyway, not until Nvidia adds kernel support for DVB API first.

Again, until that happens the best option is to run Tvheadend on a Raspberry Pi or on a other computer on your network a "TV tuner server".
(2015-07-06, 09:26)negge Wrote: @tredman a gss.box 400 is a) cheaper than a Wetek and b) has more tuners than a Wetek. If you're not going to use the device as your actual media center it makes little sense to buy one.

Where can you get a gas.box from for less than £100? I'd be very keen to get one, but they don't seem widely available at a decent price.
Weird, it has been on Amazon forever but now it seems to be unavailable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UK TV Sat adapters SHIELD TV0