Req Sets for TV Shows
Hi! One feature I like in Kodi a lot are the sets for movies. There, I can collect e.g. all the short films and parts of a franchise ( e.g. Ice Age and all its short films).

I'd like to request that feature for TV shows as well, to be able to have shows and their derivates in one container. For example:

- Timmy Time + Shaun the Sheep
- Biggest Loser US + Biggest Loser UK + Biggest Loser AU + Losing it with Jillian
- Family Guy + Cleveland Show
- Da Ali G Show UK + Da Ali G Show US + Ali G: Rezurection
- American Chopper + American Chopper: Senior vs. Junior
- Global Garage Bangladesh Bangers + Chop Shop London Garage
- Eigi vs. Pichla + Elton vs. Simon + Kenny vs. Spenny
- Food Factory UK + Food Factory US
- Fringes + VICE on HBO
- Epic Meal Time + Handle It
- Toddlers & Tiaras + Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
- Triumph of the Nerds + Nerds 2.0.1: A Brief History of the Internet
- The Office (UK) + The Office (US)
- Pimp my Ride (UK) + Pimp my Ride (US) + Pimp my Ride (Int) + Pimp my Fahrrad
- Skins (UK) + Skins (US)
- Storage Wars (CA) + Storage Wars (NY) + Storage Wars (TX) + Barry'd Treasure
- Wipeout (CA) + Wipeout (US) + Total Wipeout

etc.

Thank you!
TVDB and others are not returning that kind of information, so it's unlikely to get added at this point.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Chicken and the egg :)
That's ok for me. I also don't get automatic tagging either, but still can add tags manually. Same for sets. Even though I currently have 380 TV shows, I still can imagine creating these sets manually easily.

And when the feature is in place in Kodi, others can adapt to it.
Requested many times before so this looks to be a popular request
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=68476
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=195174
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=121131

(2015-06-23, 21:48)mkortstiege Wrote: TVDB and others are not returning that kind of information, so it's unlikely to get added at this point.
While this is true I'm sure that TheMovieDB.org (which also have TV shows) would be more willing to add this to their API if someone from the Kodi team asked, so it maybe a matter if the chicken should come before the egg type of question. TheTVDB.com lags behind TheMovieDB but TheTVDB will surley add it too once the other does first.

Same probably goes for music sets and TheAudioDB http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=174153
Just needs someone that is willed to work on this Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
The existing "video library tags" allows user defined groupings of any video content, the only problem with using tags is these can't be embedded in the TV/Movie listings in the same way as Movie sets. Could we perhaps define tags as either TV or Movie content with the additional tag creation options of:

"New TV show tag"
"New Movie tag"

then that tag grouping would be used in either the TV or Movie listings in the same way as Movie sets.

[edit] Actually thinking about it. I'm not sure whether the tags are already created separately in the TV and the Movie sections allowing us to be aware of the content context, however need to revisit this as I don't remember this stuff on tags clearly.
There are no tags for shows yet afaik.
I do have tags for shows in Kodi 14.2.
(2015-06-24, 16:13)annomatik Wrote: I do have tags for shows in Kodi 14.2.

Right, sorry.
Just checked and indeed it wasn't quite as I initially remembered, tags are indeed accessed from either the "Movie" or "TV shows" library sections, so what's missing is the option to show these tag groupings in the Title listing in a similar manner to Movie sets, this would be useful for both user defined TV show sets and user defined Movie sets.
IMO that's now how tags should be used. Having yet another option that manipulates the listing (CFileItemList) feels wrong to me.
If that can be pulled off without showing those "virtual tags" in the actual tags session and making them look like the movie sets, that would be a big win :-)
(2015-06-24, 18:20)mkortstiege Wrote: IMO that's now how tags should be used. Having yet another option that manipulates the listing (CFileItemList) feels wrong to me.

(2015-06-24, 20:29)annomatik Wrote: If that can be pulled off without showing those "virtual tags" in the actual tags session and making them look like the movie sets, that would be a big win :-)

Read Wink If it's up to me, no. Since this is a feature that is "only" used by power users, we should not add yet another setting that manipulated the actual listing. You can create custom video nodes or use Smartplaylists to group by tag.
Ok, I see. So Tags are the Tags in the videos - movies / tv show section, not some abstract container concept. Well, then... See my post #1 :-)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2036584

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sets for TV Shows1