best way to browse files
I have a NAS drive with about 800 movie folders on it.

When I view it in Windows explorer, I can view many folder names at once and can quickly "jump" to those folders starting with, for example, "M".

In Raspberry Pi, I can view a scrolling list of maybe 20 folders, in alphabetical order, and have to scroll for what seems like EVER if I want to watch "Mission Impossible" for example.

In windows, I can also sort movies by date, so the most recently saved ones are at the top of the list.

What is the most efficient way to navigate a large folder of movies with XMBC on RPi, using only the KODI remote for iphone? (no directly connected keyboard - but KODI remote has a built in keyboard - which doesn't seem to help in navigating media files)

many thanks
Guy
Not RPi specific, moving to Kodi Remote for iOS Official Forum.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
On most skins there's a small scroll tab/blob on the right of the file/folder list. If you press right when you're on the list, then pushing up or down will page-up or page-down rather than just going individually.Once you get roughly where you want to be, push left to go back to the single-item scrolling up/down to select the specific item you want to play or enter.

Not quite as quick as a keyboard, but it should speed things up a bit.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
answering to the question, the search tab at the beginning of the list could be comfortable

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best way to browse files0