Default Skin Guide Transparency
I'm wondering if the epg/guide should be transparent on the default skin? On my android box, the guide is transparent with the video playing in the background. I believe that on my raspberry pi /openelec box, the guide has a blue background that blocks out the video, but the audio can still be heard. Is this a changeable setting? Does anyone know where to find it in the settings?
Ok, after a little more research.... seems like a bug, possibly related to kodi isengard for android.

From the FAQ:
Quote:EPG Background missing like shown in this example after changing Kodi skin: https://i.imgur.com/7qoUUe7.jpg
This is what happens when PTVL is not rebooted after changing your Kodi skin. Reboot and you should be good be prompted to patch the window again once launching PTVL.

The problem is: This is a brand new install (1 day old) I have never changed the kodi skin, and I have never seen the window patch prompt (on this box). is there a way to manually trigger the window patch?

Edited to include log snippet showing that patch script is found:

Code:
23:58:37 T:18446744073613912376   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoWindow, VWPath found
23:58:37 T:18446744073613912376   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-VideoWindowPatch
23:58:38 T:18446744073613912376   DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-script.pseudotv.live-utils: dialogseekbar.xml Patched y,z
23:58:38 T:18446744073613912376   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
I patched the patch.....

For some reason, the call to getXBMCVersion() is returning 14 on isengard 15.0-BETA2. I'm guessing this will be fixed in the stable release, and is possibly left there for stability of plugins not updated to work with kodi 15.

Any way, The VideoWindow() call checks for version 15 and uninstalls the patch if true. I manually changed the check to 14 instead of 15, and the epg displays as it should now.

This may only be a problem with Kodi on android devices running the kodi 15 beta, but if anyone else runs this problem and is definitely on version 15: You can edit the following file as follows:

$KODIPATH/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/utils.py

change on line 1198:
Code:
if getXBMCVersion() == 15:

to:
Code:
if getXBMCVersion() >= 14:

Note: if luna releases a new version of PTVL, it will overwrite this change, and you may need to re-edit the file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Skin Guide Transparency0