• 19(current)
Release ESPN 3
(2016-05-18, 01:05)awaters1 Wrote: Thanks to lionsnob for the tcpdump from apple tv we now have access to 720p60fps feeds! As a side note since these feeds get fed from uplynk.com the gnutls issue should be gone as well!

https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...981c5a194b

This support is hacked together very much so there are likely to be issues. I'm going to try and clean up the code more so that it is easier to maintain in the future.

F**king awesome Smile Just tested it and looks like full 720@60fps is not active for ESPN1, but works for ESPN2. Haven't checked others.

I guess bitrate selection would be the next great addition but their playlist looks quite complex (Edit: I see this is in works too Smile)

Props to @lionsnob too

Edit2: @awaters1, please check PM.

Edit3: What a coincidence, they just released WatchESPN for AndroidTV today Wink
(2016-05-18, 02:23)siuside Wrote:
(2016-05-18, 01:05)awaters1 Wrote: Thanks to lionsnob for the tcpdump from apple tv we now have access to 720p60fps feeds! As a side note since these feeds get fed from uplynk.com the gnutls issue should be gone as well!

https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...981c5a194b

This support is hacked together very much so there are likely to be issues. I'm going to try and clean up the code more so that it is easier to maintain in the future.

F**king awesome Smile Just tested it and looks like full 720@60fps is not active for ESPN1, but works for ESPN2. Haven't checked others.

I guess bitrate selection would be the next great addition but their playlist looks quite complex (Edit: I see this is in works too Smile)

Props to @lionsnob too

Edit2: @awaters1, please check PM.

Edit3: What a coincidence, they just released WatchESPN for AndroidTV today Wink

No worries. My part was easy. I notice all streams are 720p60 if you start them during the event and that will persist through commercials. If you start the stream during a commercial then it's 720p30 and that will persist through the event. I can provide logs if helpful.

Great job @awaters1.
Ok yes thanks for the pointer, I can confirm that behavior. Right now it is picking up the best bitrate/bandwidth/resolution.

Streams are honestly spectacular(Avg 8 mbps/720p/60fps sometimes peaking at 11 mbps !!, better than the crap from Dish/Cable etc). There is no stuttering and the display much better than the CDNs of MLBtv,NBCSN and other providers.

Right now some platforms will not be able to run this because of the high bandwidth requirements. I guess it helps though that "ESPN3" addon was only popular among few of us Smile
I am hoping this has been encountered before, as I am VERY new to KODI, and am trying to muddle through all the setup and configuration information available. Log file, at this time I am clueless. So perhaps this has already been resolved.

I am using a MacBook Pro, 17". I live in Japan, but have a VPN so I can log in as if in USA. I have been able to load movies, but my main reason for trying KODI was so I could watch the French Open coming up on ESPN3.

My error is SMIL URL Blank. Unable to playback video. This is when trying to watch ESPN3. Has this been encountered before and resolved? I will struggle to upload a log file (once I figure out how to do it) if need be.

Sorry if this is totally repetitive.

Mcubed_jpn
If anyone is feeling adventurous I have updated the addon to use the new style adobe auth.

https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...e-api-auth

Just go to 'Authenticate with provider to access premium content' to start the process. This way is much cleaner because it doesn't require the addon to store your username, password or provider.

Yes the new feeds are very high quality, much better than anything you will see, there is a plan to configure the quality but that is later down the road.

@mcubed_jpn: The addon is in heavy development at the moment, be sure to get the latest version from https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...ree/master
(2016-05-19, 04:05)awaters1 Wrote: If anyone is feeling adventurous I have updated the addon to use the new style adobe auth.

https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...e-api-auth

Just go to 'Authenticate with provider to access premium content' to start the process. This way is much cleaner because it doesn't require the addon to store your username, password or provider.

Yes the new feeds are very high quality, much better than anything you will see, there is a plan to configure the quality but that is later down the road.

@mcubed_jpn: The addon is in heavy development at the moment, be sure to get the latest version from https://github.com/awaters1/plugin.video...ree/master

Don't see the option to "Authenticate with provider.." in settings? Getting an error at the moment while clicking ESPN3 addon itself

Code:
21:12:57 T:3516   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named adobe
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.espn_3-adobe-api-auth\addon.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                from adobe import ADOBE
                                            ImportError: No module named adobe
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
21:12:57 T:8256   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/
21:12:57 T:8256   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.espn_3/) failed

Is the module a separate zip that needs to be installed?
Still getting script error on premium channels on Comcast xfinity login but espn 3 works fine
on desktop
kodi 14.1

The new auth version does not even open when i click on it i get script error
(2016-05-19, 04:32)binder420 Wrote: Still getting script error on premium channels on Comcast xfinity login but espn 3 works fine
on desktop
kodi 14.1

Actually I was able to fix this myself by commenting out Lines 9,18,19 and 20 (see the # in front of those lines) in addon.py. Until @awaters1 releases the fix, you can also try this yourself

Code:
import urllib, xbmcplugin, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui, os, random, string, re
import time
# from adobe import ADOBE                                  <<Line 9
from globals import *
from datetime import datetime, timedelta
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import base64

import player_config
import events
import util
#from espn import ESPN                                       <<Line 18
#from mso_provider import get_mso_provider               <<Line 19
#from user_details import UserDetails                   <<Line 20
import urlparse

(2016-05-19, 05:39)siuside Wrote:
(2016-05-19, 04:32)binder420 Wrote: Still getting script error on premium channels on Comcast xfinity login but espn 3 works fine
on desktop
kodi 14.1

Actually I was able to fix this myself by commenting out Lines 9,18,19 and 20 (see the # in front of those lines). Until @awaters1 releases the fix, you can also try this yourself

Code:
import urllib, xbmcplugin, xbmcaddon, xbmcgui, os, random, string, re
import time
# from adobe import ADOBE                                  <<Line 9
from globals import *
from datetime import datetime, timedelta
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import base64

import player_config
import events
import util
#from espn import ESPN                                       <<Line 18
#from mso_provider import get_mso_provider      <<Line 19
#from user_details import UserDetails                   <<Line 20
import urlparse

thanks but thats for new version with authetication with provider on a browser
but I'm talking about the version without the browser login and through the addon which still gives me script error with comcast login
does this addon works on kodi14.1 on windows or android at all??
@awaters1

After Authenticating with provider on https://espn.go.com/watchespn/activate (selecting provider and entering the code from the addon), on the website it says Activation Successful but addon is throwing 403 forbidden exception. I think ideally once authenticated on the website, the addon should "Continue" automatically without us having to click it, that is how official appletv/android apps handle it I think. It could be about handling the adobe api success response.

Log here
(2016-05-19, 05:43)binder420 Wrote: thanks but thats for new version with authetication with provider on a browser
but I'm talking about the version without the browser login and through the addon which still gives me script error with comcast login
does this addon works on kodi14.1 on windows or android at all??

Have you tried the latest master? Does NBCSN addon work on that same device? If it does, then with this master zip, you should be able to get it to work, otherwise debug logs will help to see whats going on.
@siuside: I updated the authentication system, please try it out again. The process is basically the same, Authenticate device..., and then choose a premium channel to actually authorize the consumption of the content.
I am truly impressed.
I just successfully tested all streams available after authenticating device.
Not only ESPN3 but all other 'premiums' as well!
Thank you so much.
Really glad to hear it is working.

@siuside: Try again, I recently pushed some commits to fix the 403 error.

Also I don't think it is possible to continue automatically, I'm not sure if kodi allows an addon to schedule a repeating timer to continually check the status.
Confirmed activation process working. Love that now the confirmation comes back after we hit "Continue" post web activation and also that it changes to "Authentication Details" after the fact Smile Great stuff again

I am not seeing premium channels listed though? Only displays ESPN3 when I click Live. In the master branch this used to be a selectable option in settings but don't see it in api branch.

(2016-05-20, 03:52)awaters1 Wrote: Also I don't think it is possible to continue automatically, I'm not sure if kodi allows an addon to schedule a repeating timer to continually check the status.

The actual devices continue after activation on their own. I know for a fact this happens in Roku so there has to be api for this. Also if you see Youtube addon where we authenticate on the web in a similar way, it continues automatically in the addon (not sure if its a google thing though). Anyways this is low/no priority item.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESPN 32