v14 setting DHCP / static IP from the kodi menu ?
Hello

i would like to change the IP address for kodi , i seem to be missing the option in the menu

can some one point me in the right way to do this ?

thankyou
There is no option. It's operating system dependend. Kodi does not have a networkmanager. Though other distributions (osmc, openelec, and so on) ship something that does this job. Kodi is not an operating system.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
mrjames:

On what OS/distro are you running kodi?

The IP address can be changed, but, like fritsch said, the "how" depends on the distro.
Hi
Another way if your modem/router supports it,is to use the "Static IP Lease List" it will be under the lan settings in the modem/router configuration..basically you find out what your kodi network card's mac address is, add that in the correct field and then type the preferred IP address...when the mac address is found the router will use the preferred IP address
Wordy note some routers use different wording, if you use DHCP server in conjunction) could be DHCP Reservation (dlink), some Manual Assignment (Asus), some you have to disable DHCP and assign a static IP there (Cisco) etc etc etc. But yes static IP's are a good way to way to go even if you using switches within the network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting DHCP / static IP from the kodi menu ?0