Network disappears
I'm having a weird problem. Every now and then Kodi can't access my network shares. It normally happens when I've rebooted my PC where the shares live. The shares are running over an NFS server on Windows 7 (Hanewin) but Kodi also can't see the shares over SMB. It's like Kodi isn't on the network.

I'm running Plexbmc as an add on to Kodi on the same Pi which can see and play the files no problem, so it's obviously a problem unique to Kodi.

Any idea what's going on?
(2015-06-25, 22:09)matt666 Wrote: Any idea what's going on?

Not without a debug log (wiki).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi,

Finally revisiting this after a holiday. I've pasted a link to my logs below. This problem happens when I reboot the PC where the shares live. The Raspbery Pi stays on permanently, when I turn the PC back on again it sometimes doesn't connect to the share again. Sometimes a reboot of the NFS server within Windows helps, sometimes it requires a reboot of Kodi. Amy idea what's happening?

http://goo.gl/gc1SIZ

Cheers
Any ideas? This line in the debug log seems to be relevant - 09:58:44 T:1774146624 WARNING: Process directory 'nfs://192.168.1.5/media/Movies/' does not exist - skipping scan.

A reboot of my router and/or a reboot of the NFS server normally seems to bring the NFS share back.
I've also experienced the 'invisible Windows shares' - it has never been as good as when I was using XP on my main PC (PC died). Got worse with Win7 and same with Win8/8.1.
I suspect, but don't know how to verify it, that your nfs problem is Windows handling of file handles established by the RPi - when the PC is rebooted it disdains any reference to an old handle, and the RPi end doesn't try to re-establish the link.
Note: this my personal feeling, with no evidence except experience.
Derek
I had this problem. There is a registry setting somewhere that fixed it for me. I will have a look for it, but you may be able to find it yourself with this information.
Pretty sure this is the registry fix I used:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2045004
Thanks for the link.
I don't think the registry edit is apposite, as here the PC is getting rebooted, not acting as a 24/7 fileserver.
I think that Windows shares not being visible may be due to differences in the SMB implementation - linux implementation having changed, and may not be paralleling what Windows does now.
Derek
^those registry changes are applicable regardless of how much time your server is on. Not sure if they'll help you, but don't dismiss it. Its relevant for smb shares, I don't know how it applies to NFS.

Possibly something to consider..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2316513
(2015-07-14, 13:24)dandnsmith Wrote: Thanks for the link.
I don't think the registry edit is apposite, as here the PC is getting rebooted, not acting as a 24/7 fileserver.
I think that Windows shares not being visible may be due to differences in the SMB implementation - linux implementation having changed, and may not be paralleling what Windows does now.

All I can say is that I was having the same problem you describe. I applied theses fixes, and I have not seen the problem for a couple of months.

Maybe you are not having the same problem, but it's got to be worth trying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network disappears0