Android Possible video calibration bug
Bug 
Having some trouble with the video calibration. For some reason, it will not keep the calibration once it is shut off. I am running on a Nexus Player, and have checked the guisettings file- the permissions seem right, but every time I reset, the file reverts to no calibration. Any ideas?
Bump. 90 views, and no one even has a guess? Please?
100 views and no response probably means you're not clear enough on the issue or it is just you
Ok. I'll try to clarify. I open Kodi. The overscan defaults to a setting where the edges of the picture are past the edge of the screen. I go to the Video Calibration menu (Settings/System/Video Output/Video Calibration) and set the overscan to the right offsets. The settings are fine til I exit Kodi. When I restart Kodi, the settings revert to what they started at. I am running Kodi on a Asus Nexus Player, running the CyanogenMod firmware. Kodi runs excellently otherwise. The Guisettings.xml file is in place, and the file permissions on it are the same as the other files in the settings directory.

Are there any other pieces of information I can provide?

Thanks.
Do any other settings reset when this happen? As in, make a new change for something during the same session that you change video calibration, then reset and see if both are reset.

It might be that Kodi is "crash quitting", as Kodi only writes settings changes to a file during shutdown.
I have tried changing other settings- to be honest, I haven't noticed anything else not being held over (for example, i am using a non-standard background picture, which is retained between sessions). As for crash quitting, the setting is not retained even on a normal program exit. I have tried changing the setting, quitting from the power menu and restarting. The calibration is not retained.

Is there a log file I should check? I've looked around, but have not seen any that seem relevant.
Check Log file/Easy (wiki)
Ok. I followed the steps above. Looked at the log file, but nothing jumped out at me as odd. Anyone else care to take a look?

http://xbmclogs.com/pmymujfiq
This may be too simple or not an option for other reasons, but have you tried turning overscan off in your HDTV settings? Or is that not an option? On mine it's under Picture:Advanced Video:Overscan... I just leave it off.
Hi,

I have the same problem. Has anyone managed to solve this?

Thanks!

//Ante
Hi I'm having the same problem. Running Android TV 5.1.1 and Kodi 15.0-RC1, after I've set the video calibration and restarted the app it doesn't save the settings.

Can anyone help?

thanks
Same thing here, running kodi 15.0 rc2 on nvidia shield android tv 1.3 on old vizio 1080 lcd tv via hdmi. Tv does not have overscan options so I have to use video calibration settings in kodi. Settings reset after shutting down kodi or if android closes kodi app in background when running other apps.

I recently switched from my mac mini that was running kodi for years and overscan settings were persistent. This is an android issue. Other posts have suggested software compensation for overscan is not optimal and should be handled using tv settings directly. Regardless, non-persistent settings remain a bug that needs addressing.

Side note, my nvidia shield kodi also does not save playlist settings between sessions. E.g., if I play an entire tv show season and turn shuffle on, the setting persists for all future playlists on my mac but resets on android kodi. Is this known issue?
The fix here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Android_FAQ#no_video just fixed it for me. Make sure and reboot after. Now my screen fits properly. Smile
(2015-07-12, 14:42)sourkiwi12 Wrote: Same thing here, running kodi 15.0 rc2 on nvidia shield android tv 1.3 on old vizio 1080 lcd tv via hdmi. Tv does not have overscan options so I have to use video calibration settings in kodi. Settings reset after shutting down kodi or if android closes kodi app in background when running other apps.

I'm almost certain that every Vizio TV ever made has an overscan setting.

Quote:I recently switched from my mac mini that was running kodi for years and overscan settings were persistent. This is an android issue. Other posts have suggested software compensation for overscan is not optimal and should be handled using tv settings directly. Regardless, non-persistent settings remain a bug that needs addressing.

Every Android device I've ever tested has been able to remember video calibration settings. Fire TV (box and stick), OUYA, various AMLogic and Rockchip based devices, all can remember calibration settings. I believe you guys when you say this is a real issue, but I don't think anyone on Team Kodi has been able to reproduce the issue.

Quote:Side note, my nvidia shield kodi also does not save playlist settings between sessions. E.g., if I play an entire tv show season and turn shuffle on, the setting persists for all future playlists on my mac but resets on android kodi. Is this known issue?

No, and I can't reproduce this issue either. What you describe suggests Kodi is not quitting cleanly and is instead crashing while it is quitting. This would also explain why your calibration settings are not being saved.
The calibration issue was real, but on lollipop only. It's fixed in rc2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible video calibration bug0