Simple NFO creator?
Does anybody know of a simple NFO creator that allows you to create or edit NFO files for shows and movies that will not have the details online?

Just a simple window with fields for the most important data and a 'create NFO' button is all I am looking for.
(2015-06-26, 12:04)lstar337 Wrote: Does anybody know of a simple NFO creator that allows you to create or edit NFO files for shows and movies that will not have the details online?

Just a simple window with fields for the most important data and a 'create NFO' button is all I am looking for.

Why not use one of the existing tools like Ember Media Manager / Media Elch etc and just fill in the fields manually? You don't have to scrape the information online, you can just enter it yourself (for rare / missing information)
I looked briefly at media elch but it looked like some huge media manager to me.

Is there nothing simpler?
I have used EMM for years for the same purpose you are asking about. It works great. I recommend giving it a try.
(2015-06-26, 15:17)lstar337 Wrote: I looked briefly at media elch but it looked like some huge media manager to me.

Don 't try the other then, because it is, if not, one of the simplest ones.
If you have specific questions there is a thread for mediaelch.
(2015-06-26, 15:17)lstar337 Wrote: I looked briefly at media elch but it looked like some huge media manager to me.

Media Elch is possibly slightly less daunting them Ember, but both aren't really as complicated as they look.
One of the reasons they have so many settings is that XBMC / Kodi over the years has allowed for many naming conventions for the NFO and artwork files, which means you have to configure how you want the NFO to be named.

For instance, you may have this structure:

My Movies\
My Movies\Star Wars.mp4
My Movies\Star Wars.nfo

Or you may have this structure

My Movies\
My Movies\Star Wars\Star Wars.mp4
My Movies\Star Wars\movie.nfo

Or this

My Movies\
My Movies\Star Wars\Star Wars.mp4
My Movies\Star Wars\Star Wars.nfo

So, you need to configure the programs for your structure.

My recommendation:

1) Install Media Elch
2) Set up some test movies / tv shows (rather than your full collection)
3) Spend 30 minutes learning about Media Elch
4) Media Elch will 'find' your media (once configured) and you can use it to scrape the info from online sources, or just manually enter it yourself.

It's really simple once you know how to use the tool.
I'm old skool and to me the simplest NFO creator is Notepad++ and your human brain.

NFO files are nothing special. They are only text files written using XML.

Install Notepad++ and associate .nfo to open with Notepad++. Now have a look at a few NFO files you already have.

Also make use of the Wiki page http://kodi.wiki/view/Nfo

Everything in an NFO file is optional. So you can just create a small basic NFO with just a title in it.

Personally I sling them together for films that are not being automatically scraped.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<movie>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>320</width>
        <height>240</height>
        <aspect>4.00</aspect>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <format>avc1</format>
        <durationinseconds>4646</durationinseconds>
        <bitrate>512 Kbps</bitrate>
        <container>.mp4</container>
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>AAC</codec>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <bitrate>64.2 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <title>The Charlie Chaplin Festival</title>
  <originaltitle>The Charlie Chaplin Festival</originaltitle>
  <sorttitle>The Charlie Chaplin Festival</sorttitle>
  <year>1941</year>
  <premiered>1941-04-01</premiered>
  <outline>Four Chaplin shorts from 1917: The Adventurer, The Cure, Easy Street and The Immigrant, presented with music and sound effects.</outline>
  <plot>Four Chaplin shorts from 1917: The Adventurer, The Cure, Easy Street and The Immigrant, presented with music and sound effects.</plot>
  <country>USA</country>
  <runtime>96 min</runtime>
  <genre>Comedy</genre>
  <credits>Charles Chaplin</credits>
  <director>Charles Chaplin</director>
  <studio>
  </studio>
  <id>tt0284688</id>
  <createdate>20150103162752</createdate>
  <stars>Charles Chaplin, Albert Austin, Lloyd Bacon</stars>
</movie>
(2015-06-26, 23:24)AnalogKid Wrote: Media Elch is possibly slightly less daunting them Ember, but both aren't really as complicated as they look.
One of the reasons they have so many settings is that XBMC / Kodi over the years has allowed for many naming conventions for the NFO and artwork files, which means you have to configure how you want the NFO to be named.
It's really simple once you know how to use the tool.
OK, I'll take another look at it.

(2015-06-28, 19:53)BatterPudding Wrote: I'm old skool and to me the simplest NFO creator is Notepad++ and your human brain.
Notepad++ is what I have been using so far, it is just so arduous copy and pasting data back and forth and trying not to accidentally destroy the tags.

I guess I'll look at media elch again (though it does too much for what I need), and if I don't get on with it I will go back to Notepad++.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple NFO creator?0