My SQL db not connecting
hi guys/girls, i have been a user of xbmc for quite some time, we have 2 atv 2's using the mysql db sharing purely just for the watched status, yesterday i build a new windows 8 pc and installed 14.2 (same build as atv's) and put in my advanced settings file the atvs work fine still but i cannot get the windows build to conenct to the database, just get the following line in the kodi log file.

10:53:51 T:3136 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos90 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'Alien-Kodi' (using password: YES))

the database already exists and i have dropped it and tried to let the windows machine recreate it but it will not create it, i then allowed the atv to recreate the db and tried to connect again but i get the same issue. the username to me looks strange as it is putting in the local computer name, i have also added that full username on the mysql db and granted full premissions to it but still no joy.

i can confirm i have access to the my sql server from the windows computer via cmd/telnet.

i am not sure exactly where else to go any ideas help would be appreciated.

kev
it's better to use the IP number,
taken from the wiki
Quote:Replace the two instances of ***.***.***.*** with local network IP address of your MySQL server. If you installed MySQL on a Windows machine, do not use its NetBIOS name, as not all devices may be able to resolve them.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Sorry i should of put that in, in my advancedsettings.xml it has the ip of the mysql server that excerpt is from the kodi log from windows for some reason it does not use just the user name of kodi it adds the "@alien-kodi" itself very strange behaviour lol
Also have seen it put the local machine ip instead of the netbois name
debug log (wiki)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My SQL db not connecting0