Jide Remix Mini PC $20
(2016-01-08, 11:23)noggin Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 16:43)wink Wrote: Allwinner is porting their decoder to kodi, OSD, subtitle selection, de-interlacing, scaling etc problem will be solved.

Any news on this...
It going to be useless.....

Even if they port something there is no way a new decoder is going to be allowed into Kodi mainline code. Exactly the same issue Rockchip are facing.

Everything from this point forward needs to got through the standard Android API - Mediacodec or the legacy Amcodec if you are talking Android.

The line was drawn in the sand last year by Koying, you either get with the Mediacodec program or get left behind.
Libsstagefright has already been axed and taken out of the code.

(2016-01-08, 14:23)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 11:23)noggin Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 16:43)wink Wrote: Allwinner is porting their decoder to kodi, OSD, subtitle selection, de-interlacing, scaling etc problem will be solved.

Any news on this...
It going to be useless.....

Even if they port something there is no way a new decoder is going to be allowed into Kodi mainline code. Exactly the same issue Rockchip are facing.

Everything from this point forward needs to got through the standard Android API - Mediacodec or the legacy Amcodec if you are talking Android.

The line was drawn in the sand last year by Koying, you either get with the Mediacodec program or get left behind.
Libsstagefright has already been axed and taken out of the code.

Though presumably Linux solutions, as opposed to Android, are a different kettle of fish? Or are we expecting all future Linux Kodi platforms to provide VAAPI or VDPAU hooks? (The Pi / Pi 2 doesn't AFAIK and has the choice of two different playback approaches - OMX and MMAL?)

Though I accept in the context of this thread Android is definitely the area of discussion.

And we all know what Allwinner promises are worth...
I can tell you that I have been on the Remix forum and I have Mini that I have been testing. Kodi runs fine for me but pass-through does not work at all. At least that is where I have a problem - when I enable pass-through. For DD at least, I get pulsing audio (and video issues) and it also seems like just two audio channels. At any rate, I have put in support tickets to Jide and they have responded slowly. The last response was that they were working on correcting the Kodi issues but with no details on timing or any specifics; and then they mark my tickets as solved.

The device is running Netflix (not HD of course), my Xfinity comcast app, Amazon Video, Google Music (now fixed) and a few others without issues. What I do like is that all my multi-media apps can be on one device and I can organize the desktop the way I want. However, the lack of Kodi support is the showstopper for me at the moment.

Note that I am not doing extensive Kodi testing either. I am really just playing my MKV based DD video library (480, 720, 1080p) and some of the apps I mentioned above; and this device is not my main viewing device either.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jide Remix Mini PC $201