Kodi shortcut on Amazon Fire Stick home screen
Hello all,

Seeking some assistance from the Kodi gurus. I've got Kodi up and running great on my Amazon Fire Stick. I was able to add Kodi on another one of my sticks a while back, and used the classic tv app (with changing the icon) to create a short cut for kodi. That worked great. However, the classic TV app looks to be no longer available. Is there other methods that can be used to do this?

Here is info on how i did it before:

http://sideloadfiretv.com/add-kodi-xbmc-...me-screen/

Thanks!
Tristan
Just download Tubi TV it works with it , thats what i used to add it
you can use any app you wish
Thanks Karnage11 and Mrskitzosins.

Could someone provide me with the command line to push, to replace the icon pic if I use Tubi TV. I understand you can use any app, using Llama. Here is the command I used prior with classic TV:

adb push C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Desktop\thumbnail_43127692f3ed9671e079492a40a450bbd51543bd84d74bba24baf55fe7e06afa.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/

adb push C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Desktop\preview_84a70e233a1a6d1ac0d93d2e9f1f2de0e7c2d64d289f1e6f17434fe4c3752717.png /sdcard/.imagecache/com.amazon.venezia/com.adrise.profilms/B00IPRAZB4/
bump...
Just use The Llama to do it
I am also curious as to what the original poster asked. I'm assuming he's in the same boat as me, where the shortcut still works when you when you run tubitv to open up in llama for kodi, but when you run those links that he posted in terminal, that only changes the classic tv icon to what is now the kodi icon, but it does not work for the tubitv icon.
Forget about the icon, install Firestarter, associate single press home button with Kodi, and double press with the Amazon home screen. Much more convenient than using for the icon, works offline and no need to play any games with the app store.

Of course you still need to sideload the Kodi apk with something like Adbfire. Again, a breeze.

Win all round.

http://www.aftvnews.com/firestarter-is-a...detection/
And just to add Firestarter can be set to auto start Kodi on boot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi shortcut on Amazon Fire Stick home screen0