Apple TV 2
Hi guys
I'm an unfortunate owner of Apple TV 2. There is almost no way to play movies out of any addons when kodi stared to overtake xbmc....please help. I don't want to chuck it away. I paid for the device nearly £200 last year. Can anyone make an addon which will stream low quality movies only fot Apple TV 2. That would help many users I guess. Please. Even YouTube crushes

Have a lovely day
Joana
It's not the quality of the video, but that there's not enough RAM on the Apple TV 2. Kodi needs a little bit more RAM, and Apple has been using more RAM for other ATV "apps" in the background (cloud stuff, like syncing, it seems), which results in out-of-memory crashes.

I would sell the ATV2 on ebay and you should be able to get enough money from it to buy something like, like a Google Nexus Player, which is a lot better at running Kodi.
When they transitioned from XBMC to Kodi they dropped support for the ATV2 and even removed some of the optimizations they had in the code for it. The ATV2 is just to light on memory and CPU to have continued support. You are probably best off sticking with the last supported version, that being XBMC Gotham 13.2.

Another couple options that are actually much better than the ATV2, are as Ned says, a Nexus player is an excellent option or if you are up for little effort the Raspberry Pi 2 is also great platform. I am not sure what they are selling for today, however, I sold my ATV2 a while back and I received more than enough to replace it.
Not exactly. No ATV2 or iOS specific code or features were dropped when v14 came out, and it does still work on the ATV2. v15 is the first version without ATV2 support.
since apple tv 2 is short on mem for kodi (and many add-ons don't work) and hbo go no longer works, is aptv2 still worth something to a gamer on ebay or whatever?
I see many listings that say fully loaded, but most of that stuff doesn't work.
People are dumb and buy them on ebay because the ATV2 has built up a weird "legend". They still sell for more than $100+ USD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 20