No VDR OSD with a RPi
Hi, just a question
I can't get the VDR OSD working with a Raspberry Pi 2 running XBian. Is there anything what I can do to make it work? I'm using a self compiled Kodi v15.0 rc1.
Btw, I already used the search function, but I can't get any result for searching "VDR OSD" Confused
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
Hmmm, I'm answering myself Smile

The vdr.vnsi plugin has to be build with glesv2 support, but unfortunately the cmake build always founds OpenGL BEFORE OpenGLESv2
First dirty hack: removing the /usr/share/cmake-x.x/Modules/FindOpenGL.cmake will solve this. Had no success removing a lot of OpenGL stuff

Next problem: the required glesv2 include files and libraries are not found, because cmake doesn't look into /opt/vc folder
Next dirty hack: made some symlinks from /usr/include and /usr/lib to /opt/vc/...

After I did that, it works now

Will try a little bit more using -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/vc/include and -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/vc/lib, maybe this solves second hack
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
there shouldn't be any hack required. you need the full kodi tree with depends configured for building the addons. did you do this?
Sure, I did this. But I'm always fighting with two issues:
1. If the OpenGL libs are installed it will never build with OpenGLESv2 libs
2. The OpenGLESv2 is not found in /opt/vc

I can solve 1) by deinstalling OpenGL libs (I investigated the FindOpenGL.cmake file to figure out which packets I have to deinstall) and
2) is also solved by passing through the -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/vc/include and -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/vc/lib variables modifying the file file project/cmake/addons/CMakeLists.txt
I don't follow. Building for Pi should not require any of those libs (GL) installed on the build system. did you follow this guide?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...aspberrypi
No, I'm using this build environment. https://github.com/xbianonpi/xbian/wiki/...n-packages
It works pretty well, only in this schroot there are, or I should better say, were the GL libs installed. Don't know why, maybe there is a reason for this. Building Kodi 15 without the GL libs works well, so it might be unnecessary to have them installed
Well, our build system is still kind of messy and the binary addons depend on kodi. Cross compiling pvr addons is not supported without having built kodi depends. It may work by chance but nobody has considered this as a requirement so far.
I recommend that you follow the instructions I linked, all other approached may lead to undefined bahavior because not tested by us.
FernetMenta,
thank you for your help.

Finally, let me explain two things:
1) I'm not really cross compiling, the complete build process will be done in a schroot environment on a ARM system, so it is like building Kodi and addons directly on a RPi
2) All addons are build from the kodi tree with following two steps:
Code:
cd "where-kodi-sources-are"
cd project/cmake
[ -d addons/build ] || mkdir addons/build
cd addons/build
cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD="$config_build_addons" -DOVERRIDE_PATHS=1 \
    -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/vc/include -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/vc/lib \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local \  
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_DESTDIR=$(readlink -f ../../../../../../../content) ..
This will be done after ./configure bla... bla... bla... has been run
And finally,
Code:
cd "where-kodi-sources-are"
make --directory=project/cmake/addons/build
and will be executed after Kodi has been build

Anyway, I have it now working by patching project/cmake/addons/CMakeLists.txt and removing the opengl stuff
Quote:1) I'm not really cross compiling ...

exactly this is the "problem" here. Our build system only supports RPi when cross compiling.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No VDR OSD with a RPi0