Artwork for .strm files during playback
It would be great if I could see my downloaded artworks for my .strm files during playback.
As it stands, I'm not seeing any.
I see the artworks outside of the player, but none while playing.
Also, it would be great if some of the info in the .nfo files could be seen when I click I during playback

Thanks
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-06-27, 18:08)marhutchy Wrote: It would be great if I could see my downloaded artworks for my .strm files during playback.
Also, it would be great if some of the info in the .nfo files could be seen when I click I during playback

Thanks
Scrape the strms into kodis library...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-06-27, 21:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-27, 18:08)marhutchy Wrote: It would be great if I could see my downloaded artworks for my .strm files during playback.

Thanks
Scrape the strms into kodis library...

I don't think I'm expressing myself correctly.

Firstly, I'm using the latest nightlies.
Secondly, I've been noticing this from before I upgraded to the nightlies.

I scrape everything into my library. Then, I always run artwork downloader to pick up the artworks.
If I'm playing a normal video - with video codec - the artwork, clearart shows in the player window.
However, it doesn't when playing a .strm file.

watch gallery
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Did you find a solution to this? I also struggle with this topic. The Kodi "video" icon is showing whiles playing a .strm file.

Would love to see the poster of a specific movie or tv show when playing a .strm file playing fron kodi library..
(2016-01-22, 05:53)Adilost Wrote: Did you find a solution to this? I also struggle with this topic. The Kodi "video" icon is showing whiles playing a .strm file.

Would love to see the poster of a specific movie or tv show when playing a .strm file playing fron kodi library..

It was the add-on that created the .strm problem. I can't name the add-on because it's a banned add-on. I only get to see posters during playback of .strm files now.
Kodi 18.3
Player artwork is set from the Kodi player or add-on launching the video, not the strm itself.

As for database artwork, scrape the strm into kodis db and it will have artwork. You can also create custom nfos and scrape...

BTW I should point out that your issue has more to do with using illegal strms... a strm should link to an networked source, if it links to a addon that resolves that information and redirects you to some random illegal site... I can't see how you can every have player artwork for it, unless it's embedded into the streaming video.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-01-22, 17:03)Lunatixz Wrote: Player artwork is set from the Kodi player or add-on launching the video, not the strm itself.

As for database artwork, scrape the strm into kodis db and it will have artwork. You can also create custom nfos and scrape...

BTW I should point out that your issue has more to do with using illegal strms... a strm should link to an networked source, if it links to a addon that resolves that information and redirects you to some random illegal site... I can't see how you can every have player artwork for it, unless it's embedded into the streaming video.

You're right. The add-on does that.
I'm really trying to cease using it. I've gotten more storage space.

Can you guide me as to what URL I should use to create a strm file for a file that's on another computer? I have PC at home that has the movies and TV shows. I want to be able to play those files remotely - if possible.

I'm guessing I would have to port forwarding?
Kodi 18.3
I've got an external USB drive connected to a Raspberry Pi that I use for sharing files across my home network. Sample url for a .strm file:

Code:
smb://PI/pihome/media/USB External/Movies/Plan 9 From Outer Space.mp4
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
I too am using the .strm over smb:// but can't get the metadata to be handed off to the player.......

I have for example
<TV Shows >
- The Bing Bang Theory
- Season 01
The Big Bang Theory S01E01 - Pilot.strm
The Big Bang Theory S01E01 - Pilot.nfo

I added that to the kodi library then for the .strm I have

smb:// M / TV Shows on Bluray/ The Big Bang Theory S1 D1/ 00043.m2ts

All works well no issue except while in the play it only shows 00043.m2ts with no information when I press <I> while watching the clip.....

any ideas other then renaming the .m2ts, that I won't do because I want to keep the bluray backup in contact.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork for .strm files during playback0