RC6/MCE Remote for Android?
Is there a way to get rc6 remotes working in android? The non green button version works but not very well, the hp version with ir blaster is not recognized at all?

works, does not show up as a device in input settings

does nothing
Actual RC6 remotes won't work, but there are some that are "fake" MCE remotes that are seen as keyboards. For the real RC6 ones to work someone would need to do something like port Lirc to Android, which someone actually did, but that guy got mad at people when they talked about it in public, and no one ever heard anything since then.
Unfortunately none of the avail input methods work very well, the "fake" hid feels like it's using "mouse keys" (which sucks) to fake mouse inputs. I also have a logitech m560 hooked up which works fine unless you go full screen and hide the bottom android status bar, then the mouse tracking is off by the size of the status bar Undecided

And I just figured it out, if you minimize the bar after you open kodi (which was what I did pretty much every time) then the mouse tracking is off, if you do it before you open kodi then it tracks correctly, that solves one reason I wanted to add the ir and it will help with the fake hid to track correctly also.. win.. win..
It's nice to figure out the tracking, stumped me for a while why tracking would seem to "degrade" over time, but I can't get the lower bar to reopen once closed in kodi, so if you want to use another program you're forced to quit kodi completely, do you know if there's a trick to toggle the status bar back open from within kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RC6/MCE Remote for Android?0