Starting Kodi evokes svchost.exe?
Often when I start Kodi a svchost.exe (shown in Task Manager) appears to automatically start and grows to about 1 or 1,5 GB of RAM. Kodi does not run properly then. After stopping svchost.exe in the Task Manager and starting Kodi again, it last some minutes its GUI is shown, but it is not accessible respectively difficulty to access and you cannot switch from Kodi to other programs often.

How could I correct such a behavior?
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Memory is in your PC to be used by the software running on the PC. So don't be concerned when you see it in use. Have you considered that what you may be looking at are the resources being used by the database? Just a wild guess, but it wouldn't take KODI long to chomp through that kind of memory if you are walking through your library looking at artwork along the way.

It is never a good idea to just randomly slice down running processes as there will always be unpredictable side effects of that.

If you think you have actual KODI issues, then it is better to look at those directly. For example - what is the hardware you are running on and what kind of RAM is installed in that PC? What add-ons have you got there? And any debugging always needs a debug log posted.
Thank you, BatterPudding.

Quote:Memory is in your PC to be used by the software running on the PC. So don't be concerned when you see it in use.
Hmmm, well, yes, I was a bit concerned about the RAM use of that process and slowing down the computer extremely and not being able to switch away from Kodi to another program and not being able to access anything anymore.

Quote:Have you considered that what you may be looking at are the resources being used by the database?
No, I haven't, actually I would think if it were the database the RAM use each time must be that high, but it isn't. Usually it is about 150 MB of RAM.

Quote:but it wouldn't take KODI long to chomp through that kind of memory if you are walking through your library looking at artwork along the way.
OK, but I didn't walk through the library, just started Kodi.

Quote: It is never a good idea to just randomly slice down running processes as there will always be unpredictable side effects of that.
Yes, but I do not know any other way to get access to the computer again, respectively to use it properly. If I left that svchost.exe process I would have to wait for some minutes, so stopping it lasts some time also, but it is faster to get access to the computer.

Quote:If you think you have actual KODI issues
I would not think so.

Quote:And any debugging always needs a debug log posted.
It does not happen each time I start Kodi, so at the moment I am not able to log that issue.

Many thanks again
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting Kodi evokes svchost.exe?0