Linux Compiling on Debian: Could not find mDNSEmbedded (no Zeroconf support)
I'm currently on Debian Wheezy and I've successfully compiled Kodi many times. Now I'm trying to get Zeroconf support but I don't think my compiled installation has the proper support.

After running the bootstrap and configure process, I get this:

Code:
checking for embedded_mDNSInit in -lmDNSEmbedded... no
configure: == Could not find mDNSEmbedded. Might prevent zeroconf support. ==

I also get this when the configure process is finished:

Code:
Avahi:        Yes
mDNSEmbedded: No

But AFAIK, I have all the required packages installed:

Code:
amaral@ATLASBOX:~/Workspace/kodi$ dpkg -l | grep 'avahi\|mdns'
ii  avahi-autoipd                                               0.6.31-2                           amd64        Avahi IPv4LL network address configuration daemon
ii  avahi-daemon                                                0.6.31-2                           amd64        Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon
ii  avahi-utils                                                 0.6.31-2                           amd64        Avahi browsing, publishing and discovery utilities
ii  libavahi-client-dev                                         0.6.31-2                           amd64        Development files for the Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-client3:amd64                                      0.6.31-2                           amd64        Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-common-data:amd64                                  0.6.31-2                           amd64        Avahi common data files
ii  libavahi-common-dev                                         0.6.31-2                           amd64        Development files for the Avahi common library
ii  libavahi-common3:amd64                                      0.6.31-2                           amd64        Avahi common library
ii  libavahi-core7:amd64                                        0.6.31-2                           amd64        Avahi's embeddable mDNS/DNS-SD library
ii  libnss-mdns                                                 0.10-3.2                           amd64        NSS module for Multicast DNS name resolution

What am I missing to get mDNSEmbedded = yes?
mDNSEmbedded is not required for kodi on linux. Ignore the warning (it states "might prevent zeroconf support"). mDNSEmbedded is only used for android. As long as avahi is there it should be fine.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for the clarification. I believe the mistake was mine...

I was testing Zeroconf with AllCast (Android app) + AirPlay, but one thing I didn't realize was that AirPlay is only for Apple devices, correct?

As soon as I enabled UPnP, the device showed up in AllCast. However, I tested UPnP both with Zeroconf enabled and disabled and the device was easily recognized on both options. I guess Zeroconf is more for AirPlay and other services not having any impact on UPnP?
UPnP has it's own network/device discovery functionality and does not rely on Zeroconf.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Glad to understand what was going on.

Thank you guys Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling on Debian: Could not find mDNSEmbedded (no Zeroconf support)0