v14 Rasberry Pi - OK I feel like an Idiot
Hello folks. I've been in the windows media center game for quite a while and also Plex in a windows environment. But no experience with xbmc except that I did install Kodi on my Win 10 box and liked what I saw with respect to genesis and watching game of thrones for free.

After that experience I decided to by buy a RPi 2 and do an Openelect install. It was pretty easy and creating a basic installation using confluence all went well. Actually iI was pleasantly surprised at how well it worked and the RPi 2 was pretty snappy even without overclocking. I decided to put together a closed system so I could demo the coolness to my friends and family. However, the wheels came off with the Kodi interface and Openelec . My first setup with RPi Kodi and Openelec went well and I actually used all the Plex media via Window SMB share and it worked well but for the life of me I cant figure out how to do the same thing with the local USB.

I can't figure out how to set up the RPi with a 1 T usb drive using the same folder structure on the USB that I did using the windows network.share of the Plex server. The Data is exactly the same as I just copied and pasted from the Plex server to the USB drive. Tha usb drive is actually a sata in an Anker powered USB 3 box that hold either 2.5 ssds or 3.5 inch spinning disks.

I have a 1 Tb usb drive connected its volume name is:"mediaa"
mediaa has the following 3 directories/folders:

movies
music
tv_shows

movies: contains about 40 movies in mkv format
music: about 100 cd's in windows lossless format
tv_shows: white queen series, a couple seasons of Friends and Seinfeld all in mkv.

My goal is to use the Aeon Nox skin.

Have a submenu in Movies called My Movies and when My Movies is selected it shows the contents of mediaa/movies
Have a submenu in TV Shows called My TV Shows and when My TV Shows is selected it shows the contents of mediaa/tvshows
Have a submenu in Music called My Music and when My Music is selected it shows the contents of mediaa/music

My whole problem is the concept of the Kodi interface is flawed. And I also don't understand the logic of "Videos"
From the Confluence Skin when I click Videos I see:

Files
Playlists
Video Add-ons

The when I click Files I see :
mediaa
TV Shows
Videos

If TV Shows and Videos are there why isn't there another Label For "Movies"?

The simple assumption would be that I could map "TV Shows" to /mediaa/tv_shows from here but I can't.
If there was a "Movie" label It could be mapped to "/mediaa/movies
What is " Videos" meant to be for? GoPro, IPhone video Recording, home movies or something else?

Another thing that makes no sense to me is that there is a "Live TV" section. WTF is The HDHomerun Addon doing in Video add ons and not Live TV .

This IS a Cluster F and the worst UI I've ever seen.

When I eventually Navigate to Video... Files ... mediaa.... movies I see my MKV movies and the scrapers do their job with the meta data but big deal Plesk does this in spades. I don't want to Navigate six levels deep to see a list of my movies. Same is true for Music and TV shows on the USB drive.Can some one please help me. I think if I can just get the Library concept figured out I'll be on my way.
Add a Movies source to access the Movie library: Click on Videos > Files > Add videos... then set /mediaa/movies as the path. Give it a name (eg. "My Movies"). Click OK. Highlight "My Movies" and open the context menu (c on the keyboard, or some button on your remote), click on "Set content" and proceed to set the content to Movies and choose a suitable scraper - I prefer Universal Movie scraper although you may need to install this scraper addon up front from the addons section (other scrapers are also available, some installed by default). Accept the default settings for the scraper, click OK, and now allow it to scan your new source - this will create your Movies library (assuming your media files are suitably/correctly named, of course - if not, don't blow a gasket as nobody will care. See wiki for naming conventions).

Now repeat for TV Shows (same as Movies above, but using your /mediaa/tv_shows path and selecting a different TV Show scraper when setting the content - I use The TVDB scraper).

For Music, just add the source in Music > Files > Add music..., using your /mediaa/music path - no need to assign a scraper but see System > Music > Library settings to select alternative scrapers if required.

No idea about your Live TV issues, don't use it myself.

PS. Don't mention Genesis and other banned add-ons (wiki), otherwise this thread will be binned.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Well I figured it out for the sources. var/media/mediaa/directory

I still have my reservation on the many menus that need to be traversed but I'm slowly finding my way through. Still would like to know why everything is in Video addons.
only add-ons are in "video -> add-ons" node. And the one example you gave (related to Game of Thrones) is a third party add-on (one that does illegal stuff and is not tolerated in here).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rasberry Pi - OK I feel like an Idiot0