• 425(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your wonderfull job on that skin. I need a little help with something: i'd like to get rid of the infos window that automaticaly popup on the music vizualization screen at every track change. I've test all the options related to music viz, and take a look at the MusicVisualisation.xml file, but i just can't find a way to suppress it, leaving only the rotary info mode music panel (the one at the back). I will be glad if you can help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqR4C...DFSTnVINlE

Cheers!
(2017-05-09, 14:05)DG3IL5 Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your wonderfull job on that skin. I need a little help with something: i'd like to get rid of the infos window that automaticaly popup on the music vizualization screen at every track change. I've test all the options related to music viz, and take a look at the MusicVisualisation.xml file, but i just can't find a way to suppress it, leaving only the rotary info mode music panel (the one at the back). I will be glad if you can help.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzqR4C...DFSTnVINlE

Cheers!

enable Extended info widget --> No

the 8 option from top ;P
(2017-05-08, 15:25)TrailFoX Wrote: hi, thanks for skin, slowly i get in love with him.

i have a problem with the plots, if i scroll down the movie libary to a movie set, the plot is fixed from that set.
like her on the screen with sherlock, it shows transfromers movie set Smile

the only way to stop this is to restart kodi. and to change the option to made movie sets.

im using the emby addon and the krypton ds player build, but i dont think its related to this.

has anyone the same issue?

nobody can help?
Great! Thank you meowmoo, i've miss this one as it was grayed after selecting the Music Info Mode.

Cheers!
Hello, I have an important topic.

I switched all my devices to 4K and I noticed the following.
Unfortunately, Aeon Madnox is not suitable for 4K in conjunction with "low power graphics cards".

The tests were: Intel NUC i3 7100U, Zutac CI527 (i3), Zotac CI327 and Odroid C2.

When I switch through the menu, the picture runs are not liquid.
Every time I open a menu "stutter" it easily. The CPU and RAM utilization is about 6%.

I have already tried various hardware, skins, local data, server data , differents OS (Windows 10, Libreelec) and have come to the conclusion that it is exclusively on the skin.
With my main computer and good graphic card - ATI RX460 everything runs smoothly.

So my question: Can the skin be optimized for 4K at short notice?

With Aeon Nox Silvo it runs perfectly.

Unfortunately, in the past few times, messages are rarely answered in the forum, so I would be very pleased about a feedback.
I have installed Madnox Krypton from git. I have all additional scripts installed (script.skin.helper.service and so on) The help page of Madnox says all installed.

But i'm missing all information about resolution, audio codec etc. No matter which view i use. Does somebody have any idea why?

I guess it's a common issue because this happens in all views. Where does Madnox get's these infos? Maybe i have a wrong script version installed.?
I have looked into the logs but i found no script error or something else which points to this error.
---------------------------------

Could answer my own question. The error was 30cm in front of the display. :-( I have a accidentally moved the complete path to the colored flags directory. As i have pointed to this directory.... no flags !
It was a common issue. Me.
@Slipass - what resolution do you have the GUI in ? - 4K ? - try changing the resolution to hd (1080) - the gui should be smoother
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2017-05-11, 11:28)leepenny Wrote: @Slipass - what resolution do you have the GUI in ? - 4K ? - try changing the resolution to hd (1080) - the gui should be smoother

Yes, correctly. I have the full resolution. The workaround is also on 1080p but then I need to adjust that to the "screenrate".
This is not very, because my screen always has to jump between the resolutions and DVDs (480p) "only" in 1080p and not to 2160p high.

This is a good workaround but not perfect....
I think, in order to make Aeon Madnox future-proof, the skin simply needs to be reworked.
(2017-05-10, 19:55)Slipass Wrote: Hello, I have an important topic.

Unfortunately, Aeon Madnox is not suitable for 4K in conjunction with "low power graphics cards".

The tests were: Intel NUC i3 7100U, Zutac CI527 (i3), Zotac CI327 and Odroid C2.

Every time I open a menu "stutter" it easily. The CPU and RAM utilization is about 6%.

I have already tried various hardware, skins, local data, server data , differents OS (Windows 10, Libreelec) and have come to the conclusion that it is exclusively on the skin.
With my main computer and good graphic card - ATI RX460 everything runs smoothly.

Unfortunately, in the past few times, messages are rarely answered in the forum, so I would be very pleased about a feedback.

Can anyone help? I like to provide data and do tests, I can not program.
(2017-05-12, 17:15)Slipass Wrote:

Did you read the first post? I don't think so, since it reads...

[...] Also, it was noticed that the latest incarnations of Nox, have been designed to be cleaner, less CPU intensive in their operation. Please note this is not wrong these skins are excellent in their own right and done by some seriously skilled skinners so there work / direction should not be questioned.

But, saying that I felt there was room for the other end of the spectrum i.e. a version of Nox (Shdenox) that offered all the eye candy i.e. posters, disc, logos, clear art etc. etc. but the downfall from this is that this mod will probably require hardware at the high end of the CPU spectrum. I don't know if it would work on devices like Pi's etc. at the lower end of the CPU spectrum. [...]

So as you can see what you are asking for is impossible...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2017-05-12, 17:25)manfeed Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 17:15)Slipass Wrote:

[...] Also, it was noticed that the latest incarnations of Nox, have been designed to be cleaner, less CPU intensive in their operation. Please note this is not wrong these skins are excellent in their own right and done by some seriously skilled skinners so there work / direction should not be questioned.

But, saying that I felt there was room for the other end of the spectrum i.e. a version of Nox (Shdenox) that offered all the eye candy i.e. posters, disc, logos, clear art etc. etc. but the downfall from this is that this mod will probably require hardware at the high end of the CPU spectrum. I don't know if it would work on devices like Pi's etc. at the lower end of the CPU spectrum. [...]

Hmmm thanks manfeed but that was not quite my question. The skin has to be optimized only on 4k. In 1080p he even runs very smoothly on my Odroid. And I've tested it in 4k even with the i3 of the 7th Intel generation. I think the hardware should be strong enough. Aeon Nox has similar features as: Clear Art, Live DVD Background etc ... I do not use fanarts, for example. And my CPU utilization is a maximum of 8% for all devices. I think it's a rendering problem.
Hello all! Been reading up and following the instructions in the OP to get MadNox running for the first time. Referring to the "Help" section in skin settings, I've got every add-on installed (with a green "Yes" next to the item) except for script.color.picker . I can't seem to find that one online, and the Passion-XBMC repository that the menu selection directs me to doesn't seem to exist. Anyone know how I would get to this?

Is the add-on even required? I suppose I could live without it, just want to make sure I'm getting the proper MadNox experience here. Big Grin
(2017-05-12, 20:50)Busta Uppa Wrote: Hello all! Been reading up and following the instructions in the OP to get MadNox running for the first time. Referring to the "Help" section in skin settings, I've got every add-on installed (with a green "Yes" next to the item) except for script.color.picker . I can't seem to find that one online, and the Passion-XBMC repository that the menu selection directs me to doesn't seem to exist. Anyone know how I would get to this?

Is the add-on even required? I suppose I could live without it, just want to make sure I'm getting the proper MadNox experience here. Big Grin

not needed, your good to go
(2017-05-12, 19:09)Slipass Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 17:25)manfeed Wrote:
(2017-05-12, 17:15)Slipass Wrote: Can anyone help? I like to provide data and do tests, I can not program.

Hmmm thanks manfeed but that was not quite my question. The skin has to be optimized only on 4k. In 1080p he even runs very smoothly on my Odroid. And I've tested it in 4k even with the i3 of the 7th Intel generation. I think the hardware should be strong enough. Aeon Nox has similar features as: Clear Art, Live DVD Background etc ... I do not use fanarts, for example. And my CPU utilization is a maximum of 8% for all devices. I think it's a rendering problem.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=241359

Quote:So my question: Can the skin be optimized for 4K at short notice?

short answer : No

like manfeed said, I also think its the Hardware

Quote:With my main computer and good graphic card - ATI RX460 everything runs smoothly.

if it runs smooth on system a but not on system b, it could be that system b is running out of power
I'm using colored flags. In Kodiflix view the Dolby Atmos flag doesn't show. It displays Dolby TrueHD 7.1. However if i press the "I" button to go into the info of the movie it properly displays the Atmos logo there. Is there a way to fix it in the Kodiflix view? I searched the thread and it looked like the fix was supposed to be incorporated into the variables.xml file but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for the help.
  • 425(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39