Live TV and recording issues Android Box
Hi.

I have just got an android box and for the life of me I cannot get Live TV or Recordings to play...Live TV just has "working" down the bottom RHS and recordings do zip..

I read a post where you need to add the login details of the server machine which I did. Live TV started to work but then froze and recordings had an error re backend PVR issue. Since then it's not working at all again.

I have previously had similar working on windows machines.

Any help would be great. logs here: http://pastebin.com/Bwu0SyEd

Thanks.
At first I can see where you get permissions error and the user/pwd was not specified. Then the last attempt the user/pwd was specified and the client doesn't report any error to ServerWMC like it did the first times. The ServerWMC log doesnt show any problems at that point. Perhaps a client side Kodi debug log will help, it may show some obvious problem on the android side...

Are you sure this android device can play MPEG2 which is the encoding our australian OTA broadcasts are using?

You can try disabling the deleting of temporary files on Debug tab in ServerWMC, then watch a live channel and let it run for a bit if you can. In the Recorded TV\TempSWMC directory should be a WTV and a TS file for that live stream that ServerWMC was told not to delete. Try and play the files through the normal Videos section to see if they play. If you can, make sure those files DO play on another device (eg windows). That would help to indicate whether this android device has an issue with the MPEG2 WTV/TS files or if it is something else.

Once you've finished the test dont forget to re-enable the ServerWMC option to delete the temporary files again
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'll try what you have suggested when I got home tonight.

I did some more digging and it appears I may have to set the login credentials to the Win7 PC in Kodi and not in serverwmc.

I found someone that has the same setup and that is how theirs is set up.

Also there is no issue with the Android box playing file types.

I'll report back later.
It seems my LAN has an issue with port 9080...(probably something else taking it) once I changed serverwmc to the 8096 and set kodi to that it's all working.

I also had to add login permission in Kodi .not via serverwmc
Doing it via Kodi (i assume you did that by accessing the SMB source in the videos section and then remembering the password?) can be done, but it has to be done on every client individually. Whereas if you set it on the ServerWMC side, it applies to all clients which is easier to maintain and manage

Also your earlier log already showed you using port 9050 and no reported problems

But anyway, glad it's working now Smile
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV and recording issues Android Box0