Wanting to change the home screen
Howdy all,

I posted a thread here a while back, but I got sidetracked and my HTPC crashed bigtime, so I've rebuilt it and it's now up and running again.
However, I still have the same query I had a while ago and I'm not much closer to finding a solution. Allow me to paint the picture for you.

I have a HTPC with a 4Tb HDD.
I have three main directories: "Movies", "TV Shows" and "Documentaries".
Movies and TV shows aren't an issue. They show up on the home screen, scrape well, all good there. (Using the Confluence skin at the moment).
What I want to do is add an entry to the Home screen- "Documentaries"- and have it pointed at the folder on the HDD, so it shows up just the same as TV shows and Movies. I also need to be able to find a scraper that can deal with these shows.
I absolutely, positively do not want to go around editing xml files, smart playlists, tags etc.- this ended up disastrously last time.
Surely there has to be a simple way to do this? Or a skin that has it inbuilt or is able to be modified relatively easily? I've tried a few skins (Aeon NOX, Nebula, Black Glass Nova and a few others) but they are very difficult to actually do what I'm after.

Any tips?
I use the skin CCM Helix to make another menu item, and point it to a folder folder of movies - like you want to do for 'Documentaries'. It's a modified version of confluence, and has many options to configure it - all within the Kodi interface, rather than xml files. :-) Not sure about the scraping.
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
In CCM (and probably any other customizable skin) you need to set up a smart playlist - that's easy to do through the gui, you just point it at the documentaries folder (or folders). Very quick and easy to make, no need to do anything outside kodi.
A similar one of mine is:
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="tvshows">
<name>Science and Nature</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="startswith">
<value>smb://192.168.1.2/Toshiba2TB/Video/TV/Science and Nature/</value>
</rule>
<order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>
As for the scraping it's more often than not an issue of correct naming.
Can you give an example of a show that doesn't scrape correctly, and how it's named?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wanting to change the home screen0