My One Issue With Kodi
This is the one and only issue I have with Kodi.

I want a source which just shows every single file and does not filter based on type, but also keeps track of media (music/videos) on what I have watched.

Kodi is the only solution I can find for tracking media on Linux that is any good. The reason I need to see all files is I store things such as text files and images with my media and like to be able to view them. Sometimes my videos also includes a CD which I rip and place with the videos.

I do not use any of the Kodi library features, I hate it, I want to organize my own stuff my own way. I just have folders added and browse the folders manually.
Videos -> files

I actually did this for a few years when I first started using XBMC/Kodi. Only later did I bother with the library.
(2015-07-01, 05:27)Ned Scott Wrote: Videos -> files

I actually did this for a few years when I first started using XBMC/Kodi. Only later did I bother with the library.

I have been using this for years too, but doesn't solve my issue.

Try creating a folder called images and store some jpgs in it. Try visiting it from the interface. You can't because it's filtered to videos only,
If you want to go that far then you can just use the File manager (wiki) and a skin that maps the file manager to the home screen.
(2015-07-01, 07:12)Ned Scott Wrote: If you want to go that far then you can just use the File manager (wiki) and a skin that maps the file manager to the home screen.

Problems:
Does not keep track of items played.
Does not allow sorting by date.
Has two panels which is not needed in my case.

This does not solve my issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My One Issue With Kodi0