Req LIst View to Thumbnail View changes entire section
Can we have it so if you change the View of a section the entire section changes instead of having to change each page separately?
Example: Changing from List view to Thumbnail view just once in that section changes every page in that sectiion
If you are talking about content from an add-on then you will need to request this from the person who made that add-on.
-1 for any skin or addons, I personally and many others dont want to be setting his/hers view choice per page in any given section endlessly.
(2015-07-03, 20:31)uNiversal Wrote: -1 for any skin or addons, I personally and many others dont want to be setting his/hers view choice per page in any given section endlessly.

What are you even talking about?
(2015-07-01, 17:54)Kmas Wrote: Can we have it so if you change the View of a section the entire section changes instead of having to change each page separately?
Example: Changing from List view to Thumbnail view just once in that section changes every page in that sectiion

(2015-07-03, 20:31)uNiversal Wrote: -1 for any skin or addons, I personally and many others dont want to be setting his/hers view choice per page in any given section endlessly.

If that reply wasn't clear, the Kmas wants to have per level/page independent view control, as far as I know that would 20 pages of content you need to setup the view 20 times, that would be a nightmare imo so I need to setup my choice view 20 times so that this user isn't inconvenienced for his one off 1 level change.

If I understand that right bad idea is all Im saying.
He wants the opposite. Currently he has to change each "page" individually, and he would rather change all for each "section". From his description it sounds like he is talking about add-on content and not Kodi's normal views or library, and as such he would need to take his request to a specific add-on author for said add-on.
I think the he is describing a scenario I come across quite regularly, mostly on my tablet device.

The first time I start an addon it starts in ListView (50), I change it to Thumbnails (500) as this is easier to use on a tablet, I then click on an item in the addon to open up a new section of the addon, this then reverts to ListView, I set this to Thumbnails and click on an item, once again it reverts Listview, etc etc.

Personally what I would like is each new section that opens to open in the same viewtype as its parent, so I set the first page of the addon to be Thumbnails, then every subsequent page in that addon would automatically opens in the Thumbnails view.

(2015-07-04, 20:46)Ned Scott Wrote: He wants the opposite. Currently he has to change each "page" individually, and he would rather change all for each "section". From his description it sounds like he is talking about add-on content and not Kodi's normal views or library, and as such he would need to take his request to a specific add-on author for said add-on.

As an addon developer I would love to be able to implement said functionality but the problem is trying to determine the id of the current view, as far as I can tell there is no way to determine what this id is, the Container.Viewmode infolabel returns the current view as a string but this cannot then be be used in a call to Container.SetViewMode

Ideally another infolabel that returns the ID of the current view type would be perfect then you could just do this:

Code:
import xbmc
viewID = int(xbmc.getInfoLabel('Container.ViewID'))  #the new info label

#main addon code
#
#

#finally after xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory
xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(%d)' % viewID)
that is why the developers of kodi NEED to fix this. this should not be such a concern. it should be a simple settings choice as it use to be. we should be able to go into system, and choose what we want our default view setting to be. click! it's done. it should NOT take an act of congress to be able to set your view choice.
If it was that easy then it would have been done by now. There are a lot of add-on authors on Team Kodi, and most of these kinds of requests are already well known. It's just that there are a lot of little things like this that people want, and there are only so many hours in the day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIst View to Thumbnail View changes entire section0