Home sceen - how to populate
I have Kodi up and running on an Android device. I have it pointed to an external drive and movies are populating when I center the movies selection, I also can get tv to populate when I center that - it's basically just pointed at the same drive, different folder.

I would like to be able to add icons for things like SNES emulator and other programs to launch them - It would be awesome if these icons would show up like movies do above the menu.

I searched all over and could not find a way to do this or if it's even possible, what normally would go there?
Yes and no. There are ways to do this now with things like ROM Collection Browser, but it takes a little more setting up and isn't quite like the normal Kodi libraries. In the future, though, there will eventually be a built-in games library, and even built-in support for emulator cores allowing you to play SNES games in Kodi :D
(2015-07-01, 19:50)Ned Scott Wrote: Yes and no. There are ways to do this now with things like ROM Collection Browser, but it takes a little more setting up and isn't quite like the normal Kodi libraries. In the future, though, there will eventually be a built-in games library, and even built-in support for emulator cores allowing you to play SNES games in Kodi Big Grin

Wow - being able to play within Kodi - that sounds awesome...
Yep. More details here: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=194

The games library part isn't done yet (not sure if it has even been started), but the emulator parts are there.
(2015-07-01, 20:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Yep. More details here: http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=194

The games library part isn't done yet (not sure if it has even been started), but the emulator parts are there.

All that looks cool, but so far just for Windows/Mac - not android it looks like.

So the programs menu item really does not load anything above like movies does? is there a way to get rid of it then?
In the default skin, Confluence? You can hide the "Programs" menu item in the skin settings, if that's what you mean.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home sceen - how to populate0