Disable splash screen - nitpick
When I disable the splash screen the homescreen pops up fine however often the background won't. I'm using tiles (default) with one row of tiles and vertical submenu. For tiles I have - Live TV - Movies - TV Shows - Files. I'm using three installs with Windows 8.1 being one and the others Windows 10. All are the latest Kodi 15 build.

When the homescreen does pop up it focuses on Movies (as you can see the highlight around the tile) however the background starts as what I call the YouTube background and never changes. Even though the movie tile does rotate. If I click one of the directional arrows everything works as expected as the background now matches the Movie tile and Movies is still highlighted (it doesn't refocus). So it appears to me Titan isn't really active with the Movies tile until you select it per se by clicking.

Now the funny part is it will often (most of the time) work fine on the Windows 8.1 installation (the fastest of the three PCs). Such as the background matches the first Movie tile and updates without doing anything. And I can't remember it ever working on the Windows 10 PCs.
The other day I was installing the latest Windows 10 preview and updating Kodi to a newer beta and noticed the above worked fine (a few times). I didn't test it enough to ensure it was the issue but whenever I wasn't in 1080p it was fine - as in a lower resolution. Makes no sense... I'll try to duplicate it and see if that does trigger it.
Well, if you disable the splash screen it will result in the homescreen being loaded while it's not done loading all kind of background stuff so it depends on your system if it's fast enough to handle that. Normally while the splash screen is enabled, it will first process all stuff before showing the homescreen.
Makes sense. I only disabled the splash screen as on my various displays it shows (color) banding which isn't all that pretty. Smile
(2015-07-07, 02:19)Charles R Wrote: Makes sense. I only disabled the splash screen as on my various displays it shows (color) banding which isn't all that pretty. Smile

What is banding ?
(2015-07-07, 10:42)marcelveldt Wrote: What is banding ?
The blue background. Here I have overexposed it a bit so you can see it easier.

I see the same banding on my installs as well.
Ah ok, I get it. That image was once compressed by some image optimizer to shrink down the size but looks like it's a bit too much optimized ;-) Will see if I can replace the image.
Thanks. I think a solid color would (more than) serve the purpose nicely.
latest beta contains a new splash screen image. Thanks to mgonzales who created it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable splash screen - nitpick0