Prevent sleep timer if Windows is in use
Hi,

I cannot find answer for this. Is any chance to setup Kodi sleep timer to interact with Windows? I need to disable Kodi sleep timer, if Windows is in use. Some time I use Kodi in windowed mode and use PC for gaming, web browsing, work, etc. Problem is, that if movie playing is paused/stopped/ended, Kodi have 15 min to sleep (this I have in settings). If I not interact with Kodi, Windows go to sleep, regardless that I still use Windows.

Playback Sleep Timer Service with disabled Kodi sleep timer and enabled Windows sleep timer is not solution :-(

Thanks.
Kodi always interacts with the o/s when using a function like the sleep timer and the o/s will always be 'in use' if Kodi is running. You can exit Kodi completely and use some external program through a script to do what you want. I can't really think of an internal Kodi work around (unless you want to put your coding hat on). This might be something you could make a request in the 'feature suggestions' forum, it's not really clear why you need this feature of a home theatre program, which is Kodi.

Kodi wasn't designed as a multitasking program, and it looks like you have explored this potential well, you still may be able to achieve this functionality, but you will be in new territory and should you find the perfect work around, please re-visit this thread and tell us how you accomplished this feat.
It is simple. I have in room PC, that is connected to 55" TV. I have still opened Kodi and play videos, TV series in window, when I browsing web, or work on PC, or play game (in this time, Kodi is paused, but still opened), or something else. If I go to sleep, or I am weary, I simply go to bed, or I lie down on couch and via IR remote maximize Kodi and continue in watching video in Kodi. If I am in bed, or on couch and need to work, or to read web, I simply sit on a chair, make Kodi windowed and I work, or read web and continue watching. If I fall asleep, I simply need, that after video is ended, Kodi will sleep PC. But, If I working and video is ended, or paused, I don't want to sleep PC, If I am gaming, or working.

I can use other player (sometimes I use MPC HC) and close Kodi, but, after I plan to go to bed, or sit on couch, I must close or pause MPC HC, start Kodi, seek for file, that I played in MPC HC, seek for position, where I stop in MPC HC and start using Kodi. If I need this to make 10 per day, is this intricate, tedious and unnecessary.

And only, what is needed to this, is interact Kodi with Windows and simply not start Kodi sleep timer, If I typing, or move mouse, or another application preventing Windows to sleep for limited time.

I mean, that Windows is full OS and if someone use Kodi under Windows, it is not only for using Kodi, but he want to use other Windows features too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent sleep timer if Windows is in use0