v15 Scan For Content Upnp Source
Ive scanned the posts on this site for why you cant add a category to a upnp source without much luck. I want to be able to sync the watch timers from all my kodi devices so i can pick up a movie or show in any room. As far as I know you can only do this with a Upnp source. Because you cant scan for content on a upnp source Im just stuck with a list of files, no pictures, and just a messy library. What kind of work around is available if any? I realize I can use mysql but I don't have my freenas server running yet so it isn't an option. Wouldn't it be great to be able to use this feature on any nas that supports it? I just don't get why it's not possible.
Well, there are more reasons for this. Since UPnP has no reliable paths (because of dynamic URLs that might change) Kodi's library can't properly add those items. Our library is heavily based on static paths. Other than that, it's the UPnP servers task to provide the metadata.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
However, it will one day come. If you are feeling adventurous, check out: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794
I didn't even think about a dynamic url, that makes a lot of sense.
However I think I thought of a work around last night can you confirm this would work?
both of my tv kodis are android based. Is there a file that kodi saves its watched data too? If I can get that I can get my Google drive to sync it with all my devices and look for changes to update it when necessary. I'm not sure how to get this on Windows yet but it's something? *insert meme*
MySQL as backend will work. Please see http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Mysql does sound like a great solution. The problem is none of my kodi devices are Linux or Windows. Kodi is running of my android tv devices so I can't make the configurations mysql requires. Also my nas is a Seagate central that I'm using till my freenas is finished probably at the end of the year.
I'm just looking for a temporary solution. How does the Google drive idea sound? Do you know where kodi stores the data for what you have watched and how much?
Check out some of the things listed on this page: Syncing and sharing (wiki)

There are various options, including if you only want to sync watched status.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan For Content Upnp Source0