Clone Kodi
Hi everyone,

I have a Minix x8h plus and I have installed all addons and skins etc etc. My friend now wants the same so I ordered the same box.

Is there a way to clone the entire box or even just kodi so everything is the same?

I have tried the backup program addon but that doesn't work

I'm using kodi helix 14.2

Thanks in advance
Maybe try using a Linux Live CD?

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19141/clo...u-live-cd/

Never done it myself but there are lots of freeware utilities that can do this kind of thing.

J
I have used clonezilla on Linux based kodi machines to do that. Once I get the system to where you want it, use the CloneZilla livecd and make a copy. Then restore that image onto the new machine.

No idea if it would work on the Minix android devices though
Use a file explorer app like ES File Explorer, then go to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/ copy all the folders in there to the same location on the new box.

Keep in mind this will add everything that you have including your library add their paths. Your friend may need to delete those libraries and add their own.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
"I have tried the backup program addon but that doesn't work."

Why did that not work? I have installed many friends' boxes with my settings (so as to make future maintenance hassle free) and apart from reinstalling the Add-on shortcuts, which never carry over, all goes well.
(2015-07-02, 16:04)JNRW Wrote: "I have tried the backup program addon but that doesn't work."

Why did that not work? I have installed many friends' boxes with my settings (so as to make future maintenance hassle free) and apart from reinstalling the Add-on shortcuts, which never carry over, all goes well.

Not sure why it didn't work, I read somewhere that it doesn't work with helix 14.2 so I stopped messing about with it and thought I'd ask for some help
Thanks for the replies... Ill have a go
One final thing. What I did find was that in trying to put Isengard v15 on afresh it would not recognise an external HD, on which I had my Back up settings. I had to put on Helix v14.2 first (which did recognise the ext.HD) and then install v15 over v14.2.

This may have nothing to do with your problem but thought it worth mentioning.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clone Kodi0