HD audio on mac mini
There is no possibility of having audio in HD using the Yosemite? Just like Windows?
     I'm asking because I bought a home and will install next week, and I read some things that it is impossible to have audio in HD, using Yosemite or any other APPLE system.
     is this true?
True. Might be possible running Linux or Windows but not with OSX.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@wgstarks,
     Thanks for the answer.
   However bother me what you said you CAN be possible.
  Even installing Windows 8.1 may not work?
I've never personally tested this, but many people have reported success with HD audio when running Windows or Openelec. It's my understanding that the primary reason it's not possible with OSX is that there are no drivers to support it. I believe the hardware is completely capable.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I'm using a 2012 Mac mini, bootcamped to Windows 8.1 running Kodi (the latest stable release). HD audio passthrough works just fine. I get all HD audio codecs on my receiver.
I'm using a late-2012 Mac mini6,1 running Yosemite (not Windows bootcamp) with Kodi 14.2 and I haven't had an issue at all. I'm running HDMI to a receiver, then to the TV. All audio codecs are working as advertised, including the new-ish DTS-MA and Dolby True Surround. I didn't add anything, just using the standard HDMI cable to the receiver. I would get the system set up and see how it operates.
Just ignore the last post - he didn't get what this thread is about.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Audio HD with Windows 8.1 running on mini mac.
Hi, I have a late 2014 mac mini, No HD Audio (True HD or DTS-MA) but I do get standard Dolby Digital and DTS. I have now boot camped and am running windows 8.1 . Still having the same issue.

Can someone confirm they definitely have HD audio output using Kodi + a Mac Mini whether its using bootcamp or not.

Really struggling...
ensure to use the wasapi output device in settings-system-audio
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It now gets decoded to LPCM in isengard, which is identical, no configuration needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio on mac mini0