• 44(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0813: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.4 #1 Thu Aug 13 21:02:46 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 13 2015 17:49:56
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 1a80d1a84ccd39da33b5d3895cd83b10c9ec09af (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150813210156-#0813-gcac5a18 [Build #0813]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001569.217: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (cac5a18a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (61d176e5, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware with fix for lockup when starting playback
  2. Don't log events for add-ons that aren't installed
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Aug 13):
    • firmware: clock: Add freq volt lock around measure_clock. Has been observed to kill a changing clock source
  2. XBMC:
    • [cleanup] removes unused actions (PR:7793, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: e428e67a: events: only log incompatible/broken add-ons that are installed
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Same freezing issues when using FF to skip 1 minute ~10 times with 0813 as with 0812. With no overclock and force_turbo=1 it doesn't seem to happen, or at least not as often. Not sure what that means or what additional testing or logs I can provide.

Edit: Once again, disabing MMAL-Advanced deinterlacing and changing back to Auto seems to eliminate playback and seeking issues.
Since #0802 using VNSI PVR plugin, startup has been hit-and-miss.
Using latest VNSI from Git
Kodi always reports that "No PVR addon has been started..." (though it has) and nothing seems to be logged any more.
If PVR starts OK, then all seems OK, but it's about 50/50 as to succesful startup or a crash when loading the PVR data
(2015-08-14, 02:49)keynet Wrote: Since #0802 using VNSI PVR plugin, startup has been hit-and-miss.
Using latest VNSI from Git
Kodi always reports that "No PVR addon has been started..." (though it has) and nothing seems to be logged any more.
If PVR starts OK, then all seems OK, but it's about 50/50 as to succesful startup or a crash when loading the PVR data

Crash? Then you'll have a crashlog.
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

If you can reproduce the crash with debug enabled build #0813x (see next post) then your crashlog will be more detailed and useful.

I'll upload new debug builds later.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Debug-enabled build #0813x: RPi / RPi2.

Requires FAT partition >= 384MB.
(2015-08-14, 02:29)zaphod24 Wrote: Same freezing issues when using FF to skip 1 minute ~10 times with 0813 as with 0812. With no overclock and force_turbo=1 it doesn't seem to happen, or at least not as often. Not sure what that means or what additional testing or logs I can provide.

Edit: Once again, disabing MMAL-Advanced deinterlacing and changing back to Auto seems to eliminate playback and seeking issues.

Did you get a freezing, within a reboot or only freezes and you can press the "STOP" Button and you see the recorded list again ?

Because, I have had this problem within one of the latest updates:
- Skip and Reverse from H264 Channel all OK
- Skip within a mpg2 channel I get a "freeze" and with "STOP" I get back to list. (I thought I have a network problem, but now ...)

What I dont know is, is it on all mpeg recordings or only on it with a switch from audio/video format between film and advertising.
(2015-08-05, 22:58)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 19:45)Patrics83 Wrote: No crash log have been generated. Kodi just restarts. Sad

Maybe it's an out of memory situation due to all the recursion - after Kodi has restarted, run "journalctl --no-pager | paste" and paste the link.

Sorry for the delay... Smile

Here's the output: http://sprunge.us/TAaB

(build #0803)
(2015-08-14, 08:50)Patrics83 Wrote: Sorry for the delay... Smile

Here's the output: http://sprunge.us/TAaB

(build #0803)

Yes that confirms OOM, almost certainly due to the unbounded recursion consuming all memory (or maybe just heap).

Although this is obviously an issue, it could also be "by design" (albeit a design that doesn't work well/at all on low memory systems) in which case I'd suggest opening a trac ticket and hopefully a developer familiar with this area can decide if there's a better way of handling recursive slideshows that will work without using all available memory.
(2015-08-13, 19:23)gandharva Wrote: Crash during video playback in latest nightly #0812.

Code:
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x0096abc4 in PLT_CtrlPoint::RenewSubscriber(NPT_Reference<PLT_EventSubscriber>) ()

Full log: http://pastebin.com/JrJruQeR

Can you describe the uPnP devices on your network?
Using this debug build (needs expanded FAT partition) will probably give a better backtrace that would be useful.
Popcornmix: sorry to bother you but do you have any 'joker' in your mind to solve the problem with memory leak that I am facing?
(2015-08-14, 13:10)illiac4 Wrote: Popcornmix: sorry to bother you but do you have any 'joker' in your mind to solve the problem with memory leak that I am facing?

No, it's not something I've had a chance to look into too deeply.
So what evidence do we have that there is a memory leak? The gpu logs here don't indicate any GPU side leaks.

We need to be sure that arm memory reducing is a real leak. Note that linux will use any spare memory as file cache, so free memory going down, but stopping at about 16M may not be a memory leak (use "free" to see where memory is being used and see here). If there genuinely is an arm memory leak then kodi will exit with an out-of-memory message in the kernel log (dmesg).

I don't doubt there is a problem, but we need to be sure the "memory leak" exists.
Obviously if you can provide instructions so I reproduce the problem that would help.
Hmm this is problematic since i have only 768kb upload. I can make the connection so that you will be able to connect through your livetv to my server but it will be jerky but still you will be able to observe memory leak. I can create a iptv simple addon link to m3u with hosting if you want.
(2015-08-05, 04:39)wchick132 Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 23:22)Kiralina Wrote: #0804

-OMX off
-sync playback to display on

All online and HDD content work fine.

x265 test file 2 still drops frames. and freezes. No overclocking.

Both x265/HEVC videos you uploaded contain no subtitle (I verified with mediainfo). Playback of them, if without subtitle, were just flawless. Testings were all done with build #0804.

For the first x265/HEVC video, when I use an external English subtitle file in .srt format, I counted 10 freeze-pixelation-recovery sequences during the 12 minutes of playback. Video usually only freeze for a few seconds, 10 at the most.

For the second x265/HEVC video, I used an external .srt file which has nothing to show for the first 3 minutes (ie. first subtitle started after 3 minute), playback was also flawless. That means loading of subtitle files (at least for .srt) would not cause video freeze, only showing subtitle would. In fact, for x265/HEVC video with embedded subtitle, playback freeze problem won't happen if I turned subtitle display off in the first place.

I checked the info while playing the first x265/HEVC video. I'm little surprised that bitrate of the first video is pretty high (over 1.6MB/s) and playback without subtitle was smooth with no frame drop. I think they did a great job to utilize the full potential of RPi2.

Hello, I have a Rpi2 and am very happy with everything you have to give this little gizmo !. For a long time I have been following the forum, and at first, all I congratulate you for the extraordinary work they do and the dedication with which they do.
Now, the question, wchick132 have seen something more about the problem file playback X265 / HEVC ?. I have exactly the same problems (including the latest version, # 813), if the video does not have subtitles or stick reproduce without problems, but if the video has a subtitle (regardless of extension or file encoding) presents some pixelations in reproduction. I tried everything:

Overclock / No Overclock
Auto / interlaced Off / On
Advanced MMAL / Bob / Bob Half / MMAL Advanced Half / Automatic

But I always came to the conclusion that the subtitles should be causing some kind of problem, because without them reproduction is excellent !!.
If I can help with any record, video, tests, etc., let me know !.
Thank you very much!

I'm sorry, but English is not my native language, Google helps a bit with communication (or not communication) Smile
(2015-08-14, 14:46)illiac4 Wrote: Hmm this is problematic since i have only 768kb upload. I can make the connection so that you will be able to connect through your livetv to my server but it will be jerky but still you will be able to observe memory leak. I can create a iptv simple addon link to m3u with hosting if you want.

Can you explain the evidence that says there is a leak? Can you report the output of "free -h" at start of playback, after a while, and then just before hang?
(2015-08-14, 07:46)Heiko123 Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 02:29)zaphod24 Wrote: Same freezing issues when using FF to skip 1 minute ~10 times with 0813 as with 0812. With no overclock and force_turbo=1 it doesn't seem to happen, or at least not as often. Not sure what that means or what additional testing or logs I can provide.

Did you get a freezing, within a reboot or only freezes and you can press the "STOP" Button and you see the recorded list again ?

Because, I have had this problem within one of the latest updates:
- Skip and Reverse from H264 Channel all OK
- Skip within a mpg2 channel I get a "freeze" and with "STOP" I get back to list. (I thought I have a network problem, but now ...)

What I dont know is, is it on all mpeg recordings or only on it with a switch from audio/video format between film and advertising.

The freezes I am getting are the kind that are only corrected with a reboot. Even then, I end up having to pull the power. After the freeze occurs (which includes any SSH sessions I have going) I am able to log back on with SSH, but running bcmstat.sh results in hang that I can only cancel with ctrl-c. I've tried overclocking, no overclocking, force_turbo=1, disable_auto_turbo=1. The only thing that doesn't eventually result in a freeze while skipping/seeking in a video is to change deinterlacing from MMAL-Advanced back to Auto (which is Bob). My content is typically live or recorded TV in mpeg2 1080i60 format. The issue with skipping/seeking does not involve program to advert or advert to program transitions as it is reproducible just by seeking in the program itself before any adverts.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10