• 47(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-15, 14:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-15, 04:17)zaphod24 Wrote: 0814 still freezes when seeking and advanced deinterlacing is enabled. Popcornmix, were you able to reproduce the freeze?

I have a fix. If you want to test it now then try:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...phod24.zip

Otherwise it should be in tonight's build.

popcornmix could you please upload this new firmware for me, with the fix for the bad dvds
( commit "video codec: refactor userdata release mec hanics in categoriser" reverted ).

I have also an issue with one dvd, where i would like to try, if this fixes it.

edit: i saw now, you also fixed the problem with deinterlace and video in background in the Isengard thread.
Is firmware here and in the Isengard test builds the same, always the newest ?
(2015-08-14, 15:46)keynet Wrote: Crash? Then you'll have a crashlog.
Code:
paste $(ls -1art /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog* | tail -1)

So it crashed with more info this time

MOD Edit: Log moved to http://pastebin.com/7MugqEA2
Please paste the url not the log!

Also, for some reason your log is incomplete (maybe because of the way you pasted it, hopefully) and doesn't contain the information relevant to the actual crash.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-15, 17:12)michidg Wrote: popcornmix could you please upload this new firmware for me, with the fix for the bad dvds
( commit "video codec: refactor userdata release mec hanics in categoriser" reverted ).

I have also an issue with one dvd, where i would like to try, if this fixes it.

edit: i saw now, you also fixed the problem with deinterlace and video in background in the Isengard thread.
Is firmware here and in the Isengard test builds the same, always the newest ?

Yes, Milhouse builds and the Isengard test builds will always contain "top of tree" firmware.

I have actually spent the last few hours pulling apart the "refactor userdata".
I've got it down to just a few lines that used to be in the code and no longer are. Adding those few lines does allow your dvd file to play.
I'm not 100% sure what the implications of this are, but as it's a minimal change I've added it to the latest firmware update,
so it should be in tonight's Milhouse build. I'll also update the Isengard builds shortly.
(2015-08-15, 19:15)Milhouse Wrote: Please paste the url not the log!

Also, for some reason your log is incomplete (maybe because of the way you pasted it, hopefully) and doesn't contain the information relevant to the actual crash.

Sorry, the log was small so I pasted it. That IS the entire log
"Small" round here is less than a dozen lines - more than that, use a paste site. Smile

Unfortunately if that's the entire log then something killed gdb as it was creating the crashlog, rendering the log unusable.

Here's an example crashlog (not related to your issue), so you know what a complete crashlog looks like: http://sprunge.us/XCYV

See if you've got a complete crashlog in /storage/.kodi/temp
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-15, 19:41)Milhouse Wrote: See if you've got a complete crashlog in /storage/.kodi/temp

Here's one from before you gave me the debug software. I have quite a few similar to this
http://pastebin.com/1cVAACtc

HTH
(2015-08-15, 14:31)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-15, 04:17)zaphod24 Wrote: 0814 still freezes when seeking and advanced deinterlacing is enabled. Popcornmix, were you able to reproduce the freeze?

I have a fix. If you want to test it now then try:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...phod24.zip

Otherwise it should be in tonight's build.

Thanks popcornmix! I downloaded the firmware update and copied it to my rpi2. Based on the existing file sizes, I guessed that the right files were the ones with the _x but named without that. The update appears to have been a success and I no longer get crashes when skipping with advanced deinterlacing enabled. As a bonus, my rpi2 only runs at the maximum overclock speeds I have configured when video is playing.

Can't wait to try the official build tonight.
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0815: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.4 #1 Sat Aug 15 21:04:34 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 15 2015 17:55:46
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b22c2fd27dc8091883457064d8ebc3ac7c995309 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150815210346-#0815-gcac5a18 [Build #0815]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001574.798: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (cac5a18a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0aa0ee72, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware - fix for certain DVD files (see link)
  2. video library: refactor "Refresh" and add it to JSON-RPC
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Aug 15):
    • firmware: vdec3: Fix regression from refactor userdata release mechanics in categoriser commit See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: change migrate to first core to be outside of freq_volt lock to avoid deadlock See: link
  2. XBMC:
    • [python] Add setContentLookup method (PR:7757, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • video library: refactor "Refresh" and add it to JSON-RPC (PR:7306, 6 commits, 18 files changed)
    • [videodatabase] fix 'replace file names with library titles' for folders containing a single series (PR:7808, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • filesyste: make pipe://, bluray://, resource:// and events:// available even if there's no network interface available (PR:7801, 4 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [addonbrowser] add 'look and feel' category (PR:7545, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
  3. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalrenderer] Use half rate deinterlace when playing video in background (9ddf540a)
New build is rocking advanced deinterlacing as well. Thanks popcornmix and Milhouse!
Latest debug-enabled build #0815x: RPi / RPi2.

Requires FAT partition >= 384MB.
Hello all, been busy for a while with life, but school starts soon so I'll have more free time to play with this stuff. I have only been upgrading very intermittently, and I promise I'll start doing daily updates again soon to help track down problems.

I've been having some little audio dropouts when watching live TV. I use a Mythbuntu back end, HDHomerun tuner and RPi2 for the front end. I'm currently running the latest build 0815 from this thread. I've included a log made after rebooting everything and was wondering if someone could look at it and tell me if there is anything wrong with my configuration that might be causing the audio drops every few seconds. I have no idea where to look. Maybe I need to adjust my clocking or memory split?

http://sprunge.us/LKTA

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: It looks like if I pause the playback for a few seconds, the problems goes away. Is that some kind of underrun? I adjusted the Settings/Video/Acceleration/Audio Output Latency, but that doesn't seem to fix it like pausing does.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-16, 02:56)afremont Wrote: I've been having some little audio dropouts when watching live TV. I use a Mythbuntu back end, HDHomerun tuner and RPi2 for the front end. I'm currently running the latest build 0815 from this thread. I've included a log made after rebooting everything and was wondering if someone could look at it and tell me if there is anything wrong with my configuration that might be causing the audio drops every few seconds. I have no idea where to look. Maybe I need to adjust my clocking or memory split?

What video sync method are you using Adjust PLL, Resample Audio or is sync disabled? And which deinterlace method are you using?

A debug log (wiki) would be more useful/informative.

I would also suggest you contact the MythTV maintainer for help with all the MythTV errors that are present in your log.
(2015-08-16, 01:47)Milhouse Wrote: Latest debug-enabled build #0815x: RPi / RPi2.

Requires FAT partition >= 384MB.
In the Dev Update add-on I've added the debug builds as a new source. It is only enabled if the FAT partition is >= 384MB.

Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
Smashing, many thanks Leopold!
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10