• 48(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-16, 07:13)Leopold Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 01:47)Milhouse Wrote: Latest debug-enabled build #0815x: RPi / RPi2.

Requires FAT partition >= 384MB.
In the Dev Update add-on I've added the debug builds as a new source. It is only enabled if the FAT partition is >= 384MB.

Oo, what is now the differences between?
The Fat partition >384MB only?
But didn't everyone have sdcards > 500MB.
(2015-08-16, 09:49)Heiko123 Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 07:13)Leopold Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 01:47)Milhouse Wrote: Latest debug-enabled build #0815x: RPi / RPi2.

Requires FAT partition >= 384MB.
In the Dev Update add-on I've added the debug builds as a new source. It is only enabled if the FAT partition is >= 384MB.

Oo, what is now the differences between?
The Fat partition >384MB only?
But didn't everyone have sdcards > 500MB.

This refers to the first partition on the card which has a FAT file system, labelled 'System' and mounted at /flash. The rest of the space on the card is used for the ext4 'Storage' partition mounted at /storage.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-08-14, 20:22)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 20:20)gandharva Wrote: No

Can you remove disable_auto_turbo=1 and add:
Code:
force_turbo=1
gpu_freq=300
and let me know if that also works? Need to work out if running at 300MHz is the problem you have, or if switching turbo on/off is the problem.
I made the changes and it also seems to work. No hangs. Can I safely remove all the config parameters now?

But again, there was a crash during video playback. No crashlog... I think this one is not related to the hangs/lockups I initially reported. Maybe I need to install a debug build...
(2015-08-16, 13:39)gandharva Wrote: I made the changes and it also seems to work. No hangs. Can I safely remove all the config parameters now?

Okay, remove all config.txt parameters and try again. Last night's build did include an overclock related fix that may help.
If you have a crash (where kodi disappears and relaunches) then catching that with a debug build would be useful.
(2015-08-16, 03:18)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 02:56)afremont Wrote: I've been having some little audio dropouts when watching live TV. I use a Mythbuntu back end, HDHomerun tuner and RPi2 for the front end. I'm currently running the latest build 0815 from this thread. I've included a log made after rebooting everything and was wondering if someone could look at it and tell me if there is anything wrong with my configuration that might be causing the audio drops every few seconds. I have no idea where to look. Maybe I need to adjust my clocking or memory split?

What video sync method are you using Adjust PLL, Resample Audio or is sync disabled? And which deinterlace method are you using?

A debug log (wiki) would be more useful/informative.

I would also suggest you contact the MythTV maintainer for help with all the MythTV errors that are present in your log.

Adjust PLL, but I tried the Resample Audio and had the same results. I'm not sure what deinterlace method I'm using. Where is that setting? I went through all the "Expert" settings I think and didn't see that anywhere.

I will say that pausing for a couple of seconds definitely seemed to end the issue. It seems like it goes away on its own after watching for a few minutes. I'm guessing that playback is just a smidgen slower than the live and eventually buffers enough to stop dropping out.

I'll post a debug log if you want. I just thought maybe I was doing something obviously wrong. My "flash" partition is 386856 1k blocks long, is that big enough?

Yeah, I see those error messages. I suspect that there is something wrong with the guide data that is retrieved by EIT from over the air, I doubt it's schedules direct to blame. I had a similar issue with the channel callsigns. I use an HDHomerun and some of the channel information that it returned when scanning for channels had some oddball characters at the end of the string. They caused the whole getting of the guide information to blow up with a similar message. I manually fixed all of those and it started loading the guide ok from the addon. There must be something similar going on somewhere else in the information. There seems to be NULLs in the string.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Welcome back! Nice to see you moved from WMC to MythTV. I also use MythTV with an HD Homerun Prime. I found the following settings in advancesettings.xml helped make sure the cache was filled a bit more when playing live TV:

<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
</pvr>

I also use the following overclocking settings which work quite well playing back 1080i60:

dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=84
gpu_mem_1024=320
arm_freq=1050
core_freq=525
gpu_freq=350
over_voltage=4

With the latest firmware, turbo mode is started automatically during playback and the PI goes back to normal when playback ends.
(2015-08-16, 14:07)afremont Wrote: I'm not sure what deinterlace method I'm using. Where is that setting?

Bring up the OSD:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback#On_..._.28OSD.29

Deinterlace is in the Video section.

(2015-08-16, 14:07)afremont Wrote: I'll post a debug log if you want. I just thought maybe I was doing something obviously wrong. My "flash" partition is 386856 1k blocks long, is that big enough?

You're confusing a debug-enabled build (useful when experiencing crashes as a more detailed crashlog is produced, but requires a larger FAT partition) with a debug log (wiki) that can be produced from a standard build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Okay, so you just want me to enable debugging then. Sorry about that. I'll do that, but first I'm going to try zaphod24's settings, but I'm going to put them in advancedsettings.xml instead of advancesettings.xml. Wink

I also have this leftover in my config.txt from a long time ago. I'll try removing it as well since it might be causing a problem instead of preventing one now.

hvs_priority=0xf3fc

If that fixes it, I'll post back to let you know, otherwise I'll post a debug log.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I had the interlacing set to AUTO. I always forget about those special settings in the OSD. What is the preferred method now?
(2015-08-16, 21:32)afremont Wrote: EDIT: Oh yeah, I had the interlacing set to AUTO. I always forget about those special settings in the OSD. What is the preferred method now?

If you want to help test, "Auto" wth "MMAL-Advanced", but this has a few issues which are being worked through right now.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hello,

after the last upgrade, i heve the freezes everytime.
If I skip recordings then I get a freeze, but with stop I get to the list.

Then I deactiveted the omxplayer, and all jumps worked fine.
(2015-08-06, 12:39)MrNice Wrote:
(2015-07-28, 19:35)MrNice Wrote:
(2015-07-27, 19:58)MrNice Wrote: I did some tests, all with the same process, no setup change:
Directory in SD with inside 7 audio files (see post #276)
Install new build with add-on, go to the directory in the SD, move the selection on the file, wait 15 seconds, read value from ssh/top, move to the next file.
Results:
Build | low CPU% (good files) | High CPU% (bad files)
#19852 (date: 22/Dec) | 15 | 66
#19882 (date: 01/Jan) | 15 | 65
#20173 (date: 01/Feb) | 15 | 69
#0301 | 15 | 70
#0401 | 67 | 69
#0501 | 66 | 81
#0601 | 59 | 62
#0701 | 64 | 64
#0401 | 63 | 66 (again to be sure)
#0726 | 09 | 95 (again to be sure)

My conclusion as a user:
2 type of files
Builds #0501 and #0726 have higher values.

I'll try to find the last change between #0701 and #0726

I found the starting build:

Build | low CPU% (good files) | High CPU% (bad files)
#0712 | 64 | 65
#0713 | 72 | 95

Even there is a difference between "bad" and "good" file (I don't know why) there is also a difference between builds.
I'll try to find out why the difference between files.
A bit different with build #0805;
Good files have CPU usage (kodi.bin) around 10%
Bad files have around 60%
I recall that there is no activity, no play. I run a RPi1 512.
Still the same with build #0815
Have you the same?
Do you know why?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0816: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.4 #1 Sun Aug 16 21:28:43 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 15 2015 17:55:46
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b22c2fd27dc8091883457064d8ebc3ac7c995309 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150816212449-#0816-gcac5a18 [Build #0816]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001570.878: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (cac5a18a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (2500b739, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. [mmalrenderer] experimental: Allow deinterlace with software decode
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • fix CUtil::GetSkinThemes() to also handle xbt:// VFS paths (PR:7818, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [gui] change some appearence settings from spinner to list (PR:7821, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • CAddonInstaller: fix CheckDependencies() after 71b9614 (PR:7819, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • events: only log incompatible/broken add-ons that are installed (PR:7803, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [cosmetic] fix incorrect string id start point (6af082b0)
    • [add-ons] sync with repo (84818d6c)
  2. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalrenderer] experimental: Allow deinterlace with software decode (94bc7816)
So far, it looks like by using Zaphod24's cache settings in advancedsettings.xml, I have gotten rid of my dropouts. I also disabled OMX player and MMAL by itself seems to be playing LiveTV okay. I used to have serious issues with that, perhaps the caching fixed it. I do notice that it takes a second or two for audio to start coming out when I start playing a channel or after unpausing a channel. I can live with that I guess. The deinterlacing is still set to AUTO right now, don't want to change too many things at once in case problems occur.

The audio sync looks good so far and the video isn't racing and pausing and racing and pausing like it used to when I tried disabling OMXPlayer. Smile I guess this means I'm finally having success using DVDPlayer?

I haven't tried the overclocking stuff yet, but most of what I watch is SD anyway.

Any idea of how to get the guide to not take so long to come up? I have about 100 channels of program info so I suspect that's the problem. Takes about 3 seconds to appear whether I have Live TV playing or not.

OOPs, spoke too soon. I had a few seconds of audio dropout in the middle of watching something. The AVR box display went blank which means that it either stopped getting data over the HDMI or it thought the format changed. That's the same thing that happens when I first start watching Live TV and it takes a couple of seconds for audio to start coming out.
According to cache settings in pvr to troubleshoot dropouts (video just stops and log claims that the there is no stream).

Which player is cached with those settings? OMX or. MMAL? I would like to cache OMX player or. also MMAL and i am interested if this line <cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer> affects both or. none Smile or. can the cache size be separated and defined for both?

<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel>
<cacheindvdplayer>true</cacheindvdplayer>
</pvr>

And another question. When using deinterlacer with omx player and mmal player, what is the difference when mmal deinterlacer is used with omx player and not mmal player?
(2015-08-16, 13:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 13:39)gandharva Wrote: I made the changes and it also seems to work. No hangs. Can I safely remove all the config parameters now?

Okay, remove all config.txt parameters and try again. Last night's build did include an overclock related fix that may help.
If you have a crash (where kodi disappears and relaunches) then catching that with a debug build would be useful.
Thank you! No more hangs without the config changes so far. Currently running #0815.

@Milhouse
Can you please add a short description howto resize the partition for debug image usage? Preferrable in Post 1 of this thread. Thanks!
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10