• 49(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)
(2015-08-17, 09:51)gandharva Wrote: @Milhouse
Can you please add a short description howto resize the partition for debug image usage? Preferrable in Post 1 of this thread. Thanks!

Done.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Since last update 816 audio volume goes up and down without intervention in Livetv/ PVR
From some builds, I can't say exactly when, I have issue with navigation with remote control and Flirc.
I'd guess this issue is from the same time when shutdown didn't work.
I tested Flirc + remote, they are working fine.
To reproduce: Go to Menu, Music, file list view, key Enter to open the folder. Instead of opening the folder, it pop up a window with "Play with"...
Other navigation issues occur but I didn't test exactly.

Do you have the same issue?
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2015-08-17, 11:48)Gregoire Wrote: Since last update 816 audio volume goes up and down without intervention in Livetv/ PVR

Are you saying this is new to 816 (i.e. 815 was fine)?
Based on the list of changes that seems hard to imagine.
Do you have a non-zero amplification (set on OSD/audio settings)?
(2015-08-17, 04:52)afremont Wrote: OOPs, spoke too soon. I had a few seconds of audio dropout in the middle of watching something. The AVR box display went blank which means that it either stopped getting data over the HDMI or it thought the format changed. That's the same thing that happens when I first start watching Live TV and it takes a couple of seconds for audio to start coming out.

Was the dropout with omxplayer or dvdplayer?
Was sync playback to display enabled? If so was the sync method resample or PLL?
(2015-08-17, 12:54)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 04:52)afremont Wrote: OOPs, spoke too soon. I had a few seconds of audio dropout in the middle of watching something. The AVR box display went blank which means that it either stopped getting data over the HDMI or it thought the format changed. That's the same thing that happens when I first start watching Live TV and it takes a couple of seconds for audio to start coming out.

Was sync playback to display enabled? If so was the sync method resample or PLL?

I believe DVDPlayer since I unchecked the box for OMXPlayer in Acceleration settings. PLL

Like I said, it's the same amount of time and effect as when starting a new playback or unpausing. My AVR seems to need a couple of seconds to identify what type of stream it is. Only had one dropout that I saw while playing. The AVR display blanked and then kicked back in after a couple of seconds. It's an Onkyo TX-NR828. Let's give it some time and see if I notice anymore dropouts during Live TV playing. I just know that with OMXPlayer, unpausing resulted in instant audio without the AVR having to take a couple of seconds to "lock on" to the stream.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
(2015-08-17, 13:07)afremont Wrote: I believe DVDPlayer since I unchecked the box for OMXPlayer in Acceleration settings. PLL

Change from PLL to resample and try again. Some receivers don't like the PLL adjustment (Onkyo's in particular).
(2015-08-17, 13:07)afremont Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 12:54)popcornmix Wrote:

I believe DVDPlayer since I unchecked the box for OMXPlayer in Acceleration settings. PLL

Like I said, it's the same amount of time and effect as when starting a new playback or unpausing. My AVR seems to need a couple of seconds to identify what type of stream it is. Only had one dropout that I saw while playing. The AVR display blanked and then kicked back in after a couple of seconds. It's an Onkyo TX-NR828. Let's give it some time and see if I notice anymore dropouts during Live TV playing. I just know that with OMXPlayer, unpausing resulted in instant audio without the AVR having to take a couple of seconds to "lock on" to the stream.

Also - do you have a suitable HDMI Clock Limit entry in your config.txt - I found that stopped my Onkyo AVR dropping out to black.

(Or is this no longer required popcornmix?)
(2015-08-17, 13:40)noggin Wrote: Also - do you have a suitable HDMI Clock Limit entry in your config.txt - I found that stopped my Onkyo AVR dropping out to black.

Yes, if afremont confirms that avoiding "adjust PLL" avoids the issue, then hdmi_clock_change_limit would be my next suggestion.
I use "hdmi_clock_change_limit=40" which is needed by my Onkyo 609.
Can from this log be seen why stream stops. Funny is that it happens only on Rpi and not on other systems like openelec witt celeron 1037u. Is it possible that streams in Rpi are more sensitive to 'distortions' in stream than on other platforms?

http://pastebin.com/cJBzvQCi
(2015-08-17, 17:51)illiac4 Wrote: Can from this log be seen why stream stops. Funny is that it happens only on Rpi and not on other systems like openelec witt celeron 1037u. Is it possible that streams in Rpi are more sensitive to 'distortions' in stream than on other platforms?

All we get in this log is EOF:
Code:
17:40:49 3055.723145 T:1561326592    INFO: CFileCache::Process - Hit eof.

I note the stream is using udp. Is it possible to configure it to use tcp/ip?
Actually it is udp but am using udpxy to convert packets from udp to http http://www.udpxy.com/index-en.html so i am calling http links at the end like http://192.168.1.1:1234/udp/232.4.1.47:5002
It is funny that on other systems they do not stop. And even when using cache in advanced.xml it is the same.
Is it possible to increase a treshold for 'EOF' Smile just thinking Smile
New OpenELEC Jarvis build #0817: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.4 #1 Mon Aug 17 21:08:34 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 15 2015 17:55:46
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version b22c2fd27dc8091883457064d8ebc3ac7c995309 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150817210746-#0817-gcac5a18 [Build #0817]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001575.312: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (cac5a18a, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (ef826300, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. A few OMX and MMAL commits merged
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [lib][taglib] Updated taglib that fixes a crash when playing flac files (PR:7772, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • reloading the skin when changing themes must be done asynchronously (PR:7822, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [xbmc][win32] Fixes side flyout appearing when using touch (PR:7792, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [PVR] Timer settings dialog: Pre/post bugfix (PR:7838, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [omxplayer] A few omxplayer fixes (PR:7825, 5 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [mmal] A few mmal fixes (PR:7826, 8 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [Confluence] replace <angle> tag with animation (40df024b)
    • [Confluence] fix highlight on numpad buttons (79629b41)
  2. newclock4:
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • [rbp] Ignore pts value when m_hints.ptsinvalid set (40033aea)
      • [mmalcodec] Populate the framerate of video decoder (1fbde11b)
      • [mmalcodec] Enable interpolate timestamps (5412f5f2)
      • [omxhelper] Ignore embedded coverart image when looking for supported video streams (315e8615)
      • [mmalcodec] Don't set initial unknown timestamps to zero (a0aa8158)
      • [mmalcodec] Tidy up setting of timestamp flags (4a816f70)
      • [mmalcodec] Use both dts and pts for determining amount of queued data (bf4a3e8e)
      • [omxplayer] Support per refresh rate display latency settings (c671aa69)
      • [omxplayer] Allow automatic switching back to omxplayer after it has been disabled (1f402859)
      • [omxplayer] Set audio properties for passthrough (e00d0593)
      • squash: mmal: increase queue limit to 1 second to avoid stalls (bbb13084)
      • [mmalcodec] Tidy up debug logging for decode (6de8d482)
      • squash: rbp: Remove HW mouse pointer when mouse is disabled in GUI (e95d3f9c)
      • [mmalrenderer] Add reference counting to sw decode buffer and improve logging messages (ac599d86)
      • [mmalrenderer] Use half rate deinterlace when playing video in background (9ddf540a)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-08-17, 13:11)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 13:07)afremont Wrote: I believe DVDPlayer since I unchecked the box for OMXPlayer in Acceleration settings. PLL

Change from PLL to resample and try again. Some receivers don't like the PLL adjustment (Onkyo's in particular).

Okay, I'll try that. I haven't noticed any more dropouts when watching Live TV, just the 2-3 delay when I unpause or start playing a new channel. Just to be clear, I don't lose video ever, just have an issue with a delay before sound starts coming out.
<goes to Settings/Video/Playback and changes from Adjust PLL to Resample Audio>
Okay, I turned on the resample audio and that eliminated the audio delays and the AVR wigging on pause or start of a new video. Now, when I first start playing live TV, the picture appears, freezes for a second or two then takes off with sound. Is that from the caching? It's no big deal, just asking. Pausing and unpausing works fine so far.

I had been hesitant to use that because I had some clicks when I used it in the past, but that's been some time ago. I had been under the impression that Adjust PLL was the best way to do it.
(2015-08-17, 13:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 13:40)noggin Wrote: Also - do you have a suitable HDMI Clock Limit entry in your config.txt - I found that stopped my Onkyo AVR dropping out to black.

Yes, if afremont confirms that avoiding "adjust PLL" avoids the issue, then hdmi_clock_change_limit would be my next suggestion.
I use "hdmi_clock_change_limit=40" which is needed by my Onkyo 609.

Okay, I confirmed that avoiding Adjust PLL avoids the issue. I put this parameter in config.txt, right?

EDIT: I put the hdmi_clock_change_limit=40 in config.txt, rebooted and went back to adjust PLL. Seems to be working okay, but I've only tested it for about 60 seconds so far.

I love my Onkyo most of the time, but they do seem to have a couple of quirks. I have a 604 that hated uVerse audio when it was DD 2.0. It would have the most annoying dropouts, but only with DD 2.0 stuff. Finally dumped all that pay TV stuff and went with OTA and streaming. Best decision of my life. So far, I love my TX NR-828 though it would be nice to drive 9.1 speakers instead of only7.1.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 16.0)10